Category: Geek Fun
I do love a scavenger hunt especially with a chance to win a VIP Experience with Robert Rodriguez (Director), Jon Landau (Producer) and Rosa Salazar & Keean Johnson the stars of Alita: Battle Angel at a mystery site during SDCC on Friday, July 20th. All you have to do is start at the Loot Crate Booth #240 and grab a limited edition Alita: Battle Angel Pillars of Iron City Search card on Friday, July 20th than post a photo on Instagram or Twitter #AlitaPICS with stamps from the six partner booths. The first 150 fans that return the completed card to the Funko Experience at the Loot Crate Booth will receive an exclusive limited edition button set AND win the VIP experience with Robert Rodriguez and John Landau.
Loot Crate Comic Con Booth #241 has SDCC Exclusives and subscriber goodies from Thursday, July 19th to Sunday, July 22nd. They will have the Bruised Archer Exclusive Variant ($20) and the Morty Monster Mayhem Exlclusive Figure ($25) in limited quantities.
They have the EXCLUSIVE Battle Angel Alita poster set ($20), Power Rangers Alpha 5 figures and pins, Guardians and more for fans of anime, gaming, tv and more! If you are a Loot Crate member they have an exclusive SDCC ’18 pin! Anyone using a MasterCard will be given a free Power Rangers hat with any purchase!
So make sure you head over to the Loot Crate booth for the contest and SDCC loot!
Posted in Comic Books, Comic Con, Geek Fun, San Diego Comic Con Tagged with: Archer, Battle Angel Alita, Comic-Con, Fandom, Funko, GUARDIANS, Jon Landau, Keean Johnson, Loot Crate, Morty Monster, Power Rangers Alpha 5, Rick and Morty, Robert Rodriguez, Rosa Salazar, San Diego Comic Con, Scavenger Hunt, SDCC, SDCC Exclusive, VIP Experience
The zombies are back and this fall with Black Ops 4 Zombies. It’s the 10th anniversary of Call of Duty Zombies and they are celebrating at Comic-Con. We get to meet new characters and three zombie playing levels that will have old and new fans ready to play. Everyone can play since it will be released on Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC (available on Battle.net gaming platform) on October 12th. The multiplayer game experience in Black Ops brings characters, locations, weapons and gear from previous games as well as a new Battle Royale-inspired mode that looks crazy fun. The game has specialists with unique weapons/equipment for each one, able to better play as a team because the game is designed to combine specialists with abilities to strategically superior to individual play, the movements have evolved so combat is fast, fluid and is more grounded (no thrust-jumps or wall running) AND a new manual health system that allows players to choose when to regenerate health. Black Ops 4 Zombies is well ALL about the zombie plates so new characters, three sets (RMS Titanic, ancient Rome in a COLISEUM, and purgatory dimension of Alcatraz with previous zombie storyline characters) and the freedom of being able to customize options that fit your gaming style and skills to allow you to make the game your own.
Black Ops 4 Zombies: Scarlett Rhodes is trying to figure out what happened to her dad. She has 3 loyal friends by her side to fight the zombies and find a relic that has the power to destroy humanity.
Black Ops 4 Zombies has 3 play modes with multiplayer, Zombies and Blackout .. I’m all about the zombies so can’t wait to try that out! Even more exciting is that Call of Duty for the first time will now be available on Blizzard Entertainment’s online gaming platform battle.net
How do you want to play?
Posted in Geek Fun, San Diego Comic Con Tagged with: Battle.net, Black Ops 4 Zombies, Blizzard Games, Call of Duty Zombies, Comic-Con, gaming, PC, Playstation 4, San Diego Comic Con, SDCC, Xbox One, Zombies
I’m fangirling SOOOO hard about this years FanSets and Warner Bros. 2nd year of collectible pins and bags combo! All of the San Diego Comic- Con’s official 18 carry-all bags this year will have one of 12 different exclusive FanSets DC Comics super hero pins featuring highly detailed heads of such iconic super heroes as Batman, Superman, Black Lightning and Wonder Woman. Even if you aren’t attending SDCC fanboys/fangirls can buy one of the 5 companion pin designs only available on fansets.com. Fans are still trying to buy pins/bags from the first year of the collaboration last!
“We are proud to be returning as the provider of the gift pins for the 2018 SDCC with Warner Bros. It’s a great compliment to the quality and collectability of our pins that we were asked to be involved again for the second year in a row. Warner is a great partner to work with and we are proud of our association with them.” Lew Halboth, Partner, FanSets.
So what bag and pin do you wish you could grab? I kind of want the Black Lightening bag/pin and if I can’t get that than the Young Justice or Teen Titans Go! bags and the pin maybe Superman?
For more information on FanSets go to www.fansets.com.All DC characters and elements © & TM DC Comics.
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables, etc.) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world.
About FanSets, LLC.
FanSets, launched in 2016, by Lew Halboth, John Garrison and Dan Madsen is a new limited-edition collectibles company producing cutting-edge, limited edition pins and pin sets, with unique art and technology, which are
designed to appeal to casual and serious collectors. The company holds licenses for Star Trek, Harry Potter, DC Comics and others featuring characters, ships, vehicles, actor autographs, sound effects and music as well as cutting-edge, patent pending Augmented Reality (AR) technology. More licenses will be announced soon. For more info visit the FanSets official website at www.fansets.com and also learn about coming events and products, a special membership club and exclusive “members-only” pins and special savings.
Posted in Animated, Comic Books, Comic Con, Geek Fun, geek tv, San Diego Comic Con Tagged with: Arrow, Batman, Black Lightening, Catwoman, Comic-Con, constantine, DC Universe, Fansets, Harley Quinn, Justice League, krypton, Legends of Tomorrow, Martian Manhunter, Nightwing, Pins, Robin, Sabrina, San Diego Comic Con, SDCC, supergirl, Superman, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go!, the flash, the Joker, Warner Bros, Wonder Woman, Young Justice
I’m beyond excited that the geek fun is coming with VR, Games, Tech, Panels, Swag and more for San Diego Comic Con! As technology changes how we ‘play’ it is logical for the expansion from past years! I always try to check out the VR/Gaming at SDCC since it’s always cutting edge ‘next big thing’ for consumers and I know I won’t be disappointed! FutureTechLive@ COMIC-CON is taking over the Omni and is bringing Star Wars, Deadpool 2, Ready Player One, Blizzard’s Overwatch and so much more to immerse you in new and exciting ways!
AI & Robotics Innovation Fair, Space Zone, and Coinfest/Blockchain Added
Debuting Comic-Con’s first-ever Hackathon!
Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality / Mixed Reality
- STAR WARS: JEDI CHALLENGES – from Lenovo – smartphone powered augmented reality Star Wars experience, enabling lightsaber battles.
- READY PLAYER ONE – from Warner Bros. – 5,000 square feet of immersive experiences and pop culture iconography.
- DEADPOOL AR – from 7-Eleven – an AR activation based on the snarkiest Marvel Comics superhero and Fox movies rolled out by 7-Eleven Digital.
- GHOSTBUSTERS AR – from Sony / 433 Games – remember Pokemon Go? Soon people will be able to hunt virtual ghosts via their smartphone.
- OVERWATCH AR – from Blizzard – from the gaming giant behind this mega-game, now you can virtually jump into the game.
- APE-X – from Starbreeze and Luckyhammers – Fight for your freedom atop a towering building while battling bots high above city streets in this location-based VR experience.
- HOLOGATE – multi-player location-based VR experience providing exhilarating adventures in which multiple people fight robots, dragons and zombies, throw virtual snow balls or bond together and try to escape a sinking submarine.
- TAKE PAUSE – VR-based toolkit that helps teens improve focus and resilience by making mindfulness accessible and engaging using virtual reality.
- STIMULI VR – Stimuli glasses replace big, bulky VR headsets to make VR more accessible. Get ready to nab some being given away.
- WAREPLAI – uses AR to make clothing into an interactive gaming experience, with the goal to pioneer experiences to bring people together using our blended reality platform which successfully blends the virtual world, the real world, and physical items through any device.
- e360TV – making videos bleeding edge
Gaming / eSports
- ARCHANGEL: HELLFIRE – from Skydance Interactive – an action-packed multiplayer mech game, and a successor to the award-winning story-driven VR shooter Archangel. From a war torn cityscape to a snowy mountain terrain, mechs can battle it out in free-roaming warfare in open combat environments.
- WAX – from the founders of OPSkins, the world’s leading marketplace for online video games assets, WAX is a decentralized platform that enables anyone to operate a fully functioning marketplace among the 400+ million online players who already collect, buy and sell in-game items.
- ROBOT CACHE – the gaming industry’s first-ever decentralized video game distribution platform, dramatically reducing the fees publishers pay and for the first time, allowing gamers to resell their digital PC video games.
- ULTRA – a new game publishing platform, bringing the blockchain revolution to the gaming industry and creating a fair ecosystem for the future of games distribution.
- TEAM LIQUID – one of the most influential and dominant teams in eSports; it includes some of the winningest players ever. Their eSports wiki, Liquipedia, has grown to become one of the most useful, most detailed, and most up to date wikis in all of gaming. Team members will be on hand to interact and sign autographs.
A.I. Innovation / Robotics
- OZOBOT – makes award-winning coding robots for the next generators of creators… preparing kids for a future where they’ll collaborate with robots every day.
- HORIZON HOVER – founded by former NFL player Thomas (“TJ”) Wright, Horizon is developing autonomous hovercraft and heavy lift drones for businesses and consumers; TJ will be on hand for show-and-tell.
- #AISHOWBIZ ROUNDTABLE – thought leaders in artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, and entertainment from around the world are converging to share their ideas and interact.
Coinfest / Blockchain
- CONSENSYS – Ethereum founder Joseph Lubin launched ConsenSys as a software foundry to develop decentralized software services and applications that operate on the Ethereum blockchain.
- CELLARIUS – a collaborative transmedia universe integrated with blockchain technology that hopes to span every conceivable artistic medium — film, fiction, animation, music, games — with user-generated content that collectively tells the story of humanity’s ceaseless quest to push the limits of technology.
- BLOCKCHAINBTM – this company is rolling out Bitcoin ATM (i.e., “BTM”) machines across the country, with nearly a dozen already deployed in So. California.
- NEWAFRICARADIO.NET – a 24/7 internet radio channel that covers what is going on in cryptocurrency and blockchain across the continent of Africa.
- THE LIGHT IN THE VOID – From GRAMMY-nominated composer Austin Wintory (Journey, Abzu, Assasin’s Creed Syndicate) and 3-time EMMY-nominated writer-director Anthony Lund (Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman, National Geographic’s Breakthrough) comes a compelling narrative-driven symphonic theater piece that combines real, modern science with the universal question of how we must confront the unknown. A Light in the Void tells a classic hero’s journey. Along her path, she’ll tangle with an unforgettable cast of unique characters, all portrayed by legendary actor Troy Baker (The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, Shadow of Mordor). Celebrated scientists Carolyn Porco (NASA, Cassini), Maria Spirapulu (Large Hadron Collider, Caltech) and Alice Roberts (Univ. Birmingham, BBC) will present the antidote. We also spotlight A Light in the Void in some our panels.
- SPHERES: SONGS OF SPACETIME – a three-part VR series that lets viewers explore the depths of Space in VR, which sold in a blockbuster deal at this past year’s Sundance Film Festival.
- SPACE ODYSSEY – a PC game, VR series, and on-location attraction in development which enables exploration and colonization in deep space.
- FLEET SCIENCE CENTER – The acclaimed San Diego institution is bringing fun its celebrated “Two Scientists Walk into a Bar” experience — which means dozens of the best and brightest of the area scientists and innovators will be on hand to answers attendee’s questions!
- UCSD – THE CULTURAL HERITAGE ENGINEERING INITATIVE (CHAI) / CENTER FOR ASTROPHYSICS & SPACE SCIENCE (CASS) / ARTHUR C. CLARKE CENTER FOR HUMAN IMAGINATION – includes 3D video wall with augmented reality for experiencing archeological sites
- ROB PRIOR – the official artist of Star Wars & Game of Thrones will be painting live on-site.
- VR ART – digital art in an immersive setting.
- ESA LOUNGE Presented by RED BULL – We Are exhibit – Entertainment Software Association (ESA) Foundation and Red Bull Media House will showcase We Are, an educational photography exhibit, in the Diversity in Gaming and Tech Lounge. The exhibit shines a light on incredibly talented women contributing to the gaming community
FutureTechLive! & FanHacks League is producing the first-ever Comic-Con Fan Engagement Hackathon. Participants will work on prototyping mobile device apps. This includes:
- Gaming Challenge – presented by Ultra
- Blockchain Challenge – presented by Consensys
Prizes and Goodies provided by:
- Red Bull
- Team Liquid
- 7-Eleven / Deadpool 2
- The Void
- Omni Hotels
- Punch Bowl Social
For additional information and registration for the Hackathon: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/comic-con-hackathon-2018-tickets-47750687592
Giveaways and Swag
This year will feature some terrific swag. Giveaways include:
- Deadpool 2 limited edition FUNCO Pops and Trolli Gummy Baby Hands, courtesy of 7-Eleven
- Overwatch limited edition pins from Blizzard
- Star Wars: Jedi Challenges swag from Lenovo
- eSports swag from champions Team Liquid
- Surprise giveaways throughout the event
FutureTechLive! is also curating dynamic panels with industry leaders and pacesetters.
The Science of Cool
Thursday, 7/19/18, 5:00p.m. – 6:00p.m. | Venue: 5AB in San Diego Convention Center
An all-star panel of scientists and creators discuss how the rise of immersive technologies, robotics, rocketry, AI and have made science cool again and continue to bring us closer to solving some of the greatest challenges and mysteries we face.
- Moderator: Dr. Erik Viirre, M.D., Ph.D – UCSD Departments of Neurosciences; Co-Director, Arthur C. Clark Center for Human Imagination at UCSD; Qualcomm XPrize.
- Dr. Brian Keating – USCD Astrophysics professor; Director, Center for Astrophysics & Space Sciences; Co-Director, Arthur C. Clarke Center for Human Imagination at UCSD; author, “Losing the Nobel Prize: A Story of Cosmology, Ambition, and the Perils of Science’s Highest Honor.”
- Xabi Uribe-Etxebarria – Founder & CEO, SHERPA
- Kim Salzer – CMO, OZOBOT
- Katie Kelly, Head of Engagement – AltSpaceVR, MICROSOFT
- Sinclair Fleming, Lead Engineer – STARBREEZE STUDIOS
- Thomas “TJ” Wright, CEO – HORIZON HOVER (and former NLF player)
Going Crypto: How Digital Coin Technology Is Changing How We Live Our Lives
Thursday, 7/19/18, 6:00p.m. – 7:00p.m. | Venue: 5AB in San Diego Convention Center
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Dash, LiteCoin… Crypto Currency or Digital Currency or Digital Coin or Blockchain or whatever you want to call it is arguably the most talked-about topic in the ether right now. Beyond the speculation of altcoins, tokens, and ICOs, at the heart of it all is an innovative tracking technology that is now also impacting gaming, entertainment, animation, video, and everyday life. Come find out what is coming down the pike in the world of crypto!
- Moderator: Anthony Appollo – CELLARIUS / CONSENSYS
- Jonny Peters – CEO, GAZE COIN / DREAM FRAMES (film tokenization)
- Mike Dunn – CTO, ULTRA (Blockchain based games publishing platform)
- Patrick Dees – President, FAN CONTROLLED FOOTBALL LEAGUE / FAN TOKEN
- Brian Mac Mahon – CEO, EXPERT DOJO (Crypto Advisor)
- Evo Heyning – Strategic Development, FLUID BLOCKCHAIN ACCELERATOR
- Timothy “TimTayshun” Curry – Co-Founder & Blockchain Educator, BLOCKCHAINBTM (Bitcoin ATMs) and NewAfricaRadio.net / Regional Organizer, Coinfest
To Infinity & Beyond: Our Dreams for the Future Take Flight
Friday, 7/20/18 4:00p.m. – 5:00p.m. | Venue: 23ABC in San Diego Convention Center
For generations – from Copernicus to Jules Verne to Elon Musk — visionaries have offered their dreams of the future, and in doing so inspired mind-blowing innovation. An all-star panel of creators and innovators discuss their greatest influences and what they envision for our future.
- Eliza McNitt – Director, Spheres VR Experience, Oculus/Intel
- Dr. Carolyn Porco – Imaging Lead, NASA, Cassini Project – Star Talk All-Star
- Kiki Wolfkill – Kiki Wolfkill – Studio Head, HALO Transmedia and Entertainment / 343 INDUSTRIES / MICROSOFT
- Cliff Plumer – CEO, The Void (Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire and other experiences)
- Austin Wintory & Tony Lund – Co-Creators, A Light in the Void
- Jordan Vogt-Roberts – Director, Kong: Skull Island and the upcoming Metal Gear Solid
Hollywood & Emerging Tech — The Next Level of Entertainment
Saturday, 7/21/18, 3:30p.m. – 4:30p.m. | Venue: 24ABC in San Diego Convention Center
A diverse panel explores where Hollywood and technology are headed in 2018 and beyond. Celebrates the intersection of entertainment and VR, AR, XR and other cool technologies making the world a more exciting place.
- Moderator: Anastasia Staten – Executive Director, ESA FOUNDATION
- Chris Young – SVP, Entertainment Lab, NICKELODEON
- Ted Schilowitz – Futurist, PARAMOUNT STUDIOS
- Arvel Chappel III – Manager Emerging Technology, WARNER BROS.
- Nick Eisele – Associate Producer, Games & Virtual Reality, NBC UNIVERSAL
- Joanna Popper – Global Head of Virtual Reality, HP
- Tareng Sethia – VP Product Management –Digital, 7-11 / DEADPOOL 2
- Mark Harwood – Senior Producer, STARBREEZE STUDIOS
Gaming + Blockchain = A New Way for Gamers to Win Big!
Saturday, 7/21/18, 5:30p.m. – 6:30p.m. | Venue: Room 5AB in San Diego Convention Center
Blockchain is rapidly changing the way that both developers and players interact with video games and esports. Learn how gaming gurus are pioneering new types of games and business models with this disruptive technology. And how gamers are making out big time owning and trading digital assets from games. Hear from the vanguard.
- Moderator: David Bloom, Gaming Journalist
- William Quigley – CEO, WAX
- Lee Jacobson – CEO, ROBOT CACHE
- Tony Shen – Product Lead, DECENTRALAND
Enter the Fun Zone – New Immersive Arcades and eSports Stadiums
Sunday, 7/22/18, 11:00a.m. – 12:00p.m. | Venue: 29AB in San Diego Convention Center
Dynamic and immersive virtual reality arcades are springing up around the world, as are eSports stadiums and studios. Location-based entertainment is evolving, and these panelists are leading the way.
- Moderator: Mark Murphy – Co-Founder, Future Tech Live! & Space Media Ventures
- Gregg Katano – VP of U.S. Operations, HOLOGATE
- Sinclair Fleming – Lead Engineer, STARBREEZE STUDIOS
- Guy Constantine – VP, Global Interactive Marketing, SKYDANCE
- Team Liquid
Making it As a Pro in Gaming and eSports
Sunday, 7/22/18, 1:00p.m. – 2:00p.m. | Venue: 24ABC in San Diego Convention Center
What does it take to become a Pro Gamer – traveling the world and winning big at gaming and eSports competitions? How about a game designer? A programmer? This panel will give you the insights and inspiration to make your mark and even your livelihood in the world of gaming and eSports.
- Moderator: Anastasia Staten – Executive Director, ESA FOUNDATION
- Trey Smith – TEAM LIQUID – League of Legends
- TEAM LIQUID competitors
- Winter – TEMPO STORM – Fortnite
- Sicairos – TEMPO STORM – Fortnite
- Overwatch League players (2)
Diversity in Tech and Gaming – An Evolving Conversation
Sunday, 7/22/18, 2:00p.m. – 3:00p.m. | Venue: 24ABC in San Diego Convention Center
Inclusion and equality is a hot topic everywhere, and that includes the Tech and Gaming worlds. These sectors are making major inroads, and these panelists are part of the vanguard leading the way.
- Moderator – Anastasia Staten – Executive Producer, ESA FOUNDATION
- Kiki Wolfkill – Studio Head, HALO Transmedia and Entertainment / 343 INDUSTRIES / MICROSOFT
- Joanna Popper – Global Head of Virtual Reality for Location-Based Entertainment, HP
- Katie Kelly – Head of Engagement, AltspaceVR, MICROSOFT
- Eliza McNitt – Filmmaker / Director of SPHERES
- Lori H. Schwartz – Governor Interactive Media, ACADEMY OF TELEVISION ARTS & SCIENCES
- Shirin Laor-Raz Salemnia – Founder, WHIZGIRLS ACADEMY / CEO, PLAYWERKS / Faculty, USC
- Dianna Cowern – “PHYSICS GIRL” internet sensation
Special category events within FUTURETECHLIVE! @ COMIC-CON include:
#AISHOWBIZ ROUNDTABLE – Wednesday, July 18 (Invite only)
Thought leaders in artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, and entertainment from around the world gather to interact and exchange ideas.
MEDIA PREVIEW – Wednesday, July 18 at 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. (Media only)
Allows for media, bloggers and influencers a first experience of the event. Comic-Con passes are not required for this session.
DEVELOPERS/GAMERS PREVIEW – Wednesday, July 18 at 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. (Developers & Gamers)
This exclusive session allows for developers, designers, gamers, and other industry folks to get a sneak peek of the event. COMIC-CON passes are not required for this session.
VIP RECEPTION – Saturday, July 21 at 9:00 p.m.+ (Invite only)
Regular days and hours are: Thursday, Friday, Saturday (July 19 – 21) 9:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Sunday (July 22) 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The event is in the Grand Ballroom of the Omni San Diego Hotel at 675 L Street, which directly faces the city’s Convention Center, home of San Diego International Comic-Con International, and is next to Petco Park stadium.
For more information about FUTURETECHLIVE! @ COMIC-CON visit www.futuretechlive.com
Posted in Business, Comic Books, Game Chick, Geek Fun, San Diego Comic Con, Tech Tagged with: AI, AISHOWBIZ, BLIZZARD’S OVERWATCH, BlockChain, CoinFest, Comic-Con, Comic-Con Fan Engagement Hackathon, Comic-Con Hackathon, Deadpool 2, FTL2018, Future Tech Live Panels, FutureTechLive, FutureTechPanels, gaming, Immersive Tech, READY PLAYER ONE, Robotics, SDCC, SDCC Panels, Space Zone, Star Wars, Swag, Tech, VR
Respect my AUTHORITY! South Park has two fan experiences at San Diego Comic Con starting Thursday July 19th with Cartman’s Escape Room and the Member Berries Challenge. It’s going to be a sneak peek into the 22nd season of South Park full of mayhem that’s coming to Comedy Central on Wednesday, September 26th! The SDCC Experience is a taste that will hit major cities across the USA. Be prepared and respect Cartman’s authority because the escape room is for the fans! To escape it will take 10 fans to pool their South Park knowledge to free themselves by solving puzzles and is open to everyone. Member Berries Challenge can be found at Booth 23729 in the convention center (SDCC Badge required for entry) and is a 3D replica from ‘Member Berries’ episode where fans will join Randy at the dinner table where fans will take Sharon and Shelly’s seats. You have to answer trivia questions correctly OR Member Berry Juice will spew on the losing player <ewww>. If you don’t trust your South Park knowledge don’t despair because ponchos and protective glasses are available <chicken brkk brkk> (I want to be clear poncho/glasses for one right here!). CC is bringing lots of fun fan games and iconic scene photo experiences at the booth so make sure all South Park fans head over and RESPECT MAH AUTHORITY!
- Worldwide Debut of New Experiential South Park Escape Room Will be Unveiled at the San Diego Wine Center and is Free and Open to the Public From Thursday, July 19 – Sunday, July 22
- Member Berries Challenge To Kick-off with a Preview Night on Wednesday, July 18 and Take Place All Weekend Long Free to All Badge Holders Thursday, July 19 – Sunday, July 22 at Booth #23729 Inside Convention Center
Cartman’s Escape Room is making its worldwide debut at Comic-Con. Trapped! Caught in another one of Cartman’s schemes, fans will now enter the most impossible to escape place ever invented. Ten South Park fans will have a limited amount of time solve a series of puzzles using what they know about South Park to free themselves… before it’s too late. This new South Park activation is free and open to the public at the San Diego Wine Center (200 Harbor Dr. #12, across from the Convention Center) from Thursday, July 19 through Saturday, July 21 from 9:30 a.m.- 7:00 p.m. and Sunday, July 22 from 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
South Park’s Member Berries Challenge (booth #23729 inside Convention Center) will transport fans into a 3D replica scene from the iconic “Member Berries” episode. While joining Randy at the Marsh family dinner table, fans will take the Member Berries Challenge – where they will be asked three South Park trivia questions as they sit in Sharon and Shelly’s seats. If the fan answers all three correctly, they will walk away clean and be rewarded with their very own limited edition Member Berry. However, if a fan answers incorrectly, Member Berry juice will spew out of Randy’s mouth on to the losing player! Ponchos and protective glasses will be available. In addition to the Member Berries Challenge, fans will also get the opportunity to jump in to other iconic scenes from the series and play other South Park themed games.
Comedy Central’s South Park launched on August 13, 1997. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT.
Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning South Park. Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers and Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. Chris Brion is the Creative Director of South Park Digital Studios. South Park’s Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.
The uncensored episodes are also available for download on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network, Vudu and Verizon Flexview.
Available on-air, online and on the go, Comedy Central gives viewers access to a world of super funny, provocative and relevant comedy that tells the funny truths of life, every day and everywhere. From award-winning late-night, scripted and animated series to stand-up specials, short-form and sketch, Comedy Central has it all. A subsidiary of Viacom Inc., Comedy Central is available to more than 300 million households in over 150 countries across the globe.
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling entertainment content – including television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, games, consumer products, podcasts, live events and social media experiences – for audiences in 183 countries. Viacom’s media networks, including Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, VH1, TV Land, CMT, Logo, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina), Colors (India) and Paramount Channel, reach approximately 4.3 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. Paramount Television develops, finances and produces original programming for television and digital platforms. For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following Viacom’s company blog at blog.viacom.com, Twitter feed at (twitter.com/viacom) and Facebook page (facebook.com/viacom).
Posted in Comedy, Geek Fun, San Diego Comic Con Tagged with: Cartman's Escape Room, Escape Room, Fan Experience, Member Berries Challenge, San Diego Comic Con, SDCC, South Park
Calling all Street Fighter fans! Here’s a chance to have some of your work featured in the upcoming pin-up 2018 Street Fighter: Summer Sports Special. The pinup will be released this summer in August. Wouldn’t it be awesome to have your work displayed next to the drawings of UDON artists? If I had any drawing ability, I would be all over this cool fanart competition. This is great opportunity to gain exposure for your craft!
They are looking for summer themed artwork, but no nudity!. I recommend including swimsuits, the beach, sports, or anything summer related in your piece. Unfortunately, for younger fans, there is an age limit of at least 16. You can submit here. The deadline is June 5.
Here are the rules you must obey to submit your work:
- artwork must feature at least one character from the STREET FIGHTER video game series
- you may not include characters from other Capcom or non-Capcom games/properties
- characters not allowed include those exclusive the Street Fighter EX series, and the character of Ingrid
- you may not include your own original characters
- artwork may be sexy but no nudity please
- artwork should not feature alcohol, smoking, or drug use.
- entrants must be at least 16 years of age at time of submission
- by submitting your artwork, you are giving UDON permission to publish it in the Street Fighter: Summer Sports Special in 2018. along with
- your name or pseudonym
- your country and state.
- please feel free to show off your submission online any time! We’d love if you add the hashtag #SFcomicfanart
- all art styles are welcome
- ideal artwork shape is 7 x 11″. While low resolution previews are used for submissions, we suggest you create your artwork at 300dpi+ (if selected, we may request the higher resolution file from you for printing)
- artwork submission deadline is June 5, 2018
Do you plan on submitting any original creations? If so, make sure to comment and share what you’re drawing! Make sure to use the hashtag when you submit!
Posted in Animated, art, Geek Fun, Los Angeles Tagged with: Capcom, Fan Art, Fan Art Competition, FanArt, Gigi, SFcomicfanart, Street Fighter, Street Fighter: Summer Sports Special, UDON
The 2018 International Space Development Conference welcomes the stars and producers of ‘The Expanse’ to discuss the science of the series. The Expanse is a series that takes place in the future where mankind has conquered our solar system and spread but we learn we aren’t the only intelligent lifeforms after discovering the protomolocule. The series is a mix of humanity, special effects and the use of the true concepts of science and physics. It’s why it’s exciting that they are appearing at the West Coast gathering of the world’s greatest scientist, engineers, astronauts, and space entrepreneurs who have been inspired by science fiction greats from Star Trek to Star Wars to Doctor Who to Battlestar Galactica and future innovators will include The Expanse on that list. SYFY channel did not renew the series but passionate fans have launched a renew The Expanse campaign and have appealed to Amazon Video, Netflix, Hulu, and the Networks.
This year Jeff Bezos will be accepting the Gerard K. O’Neill Memorial Award for Space Settlement Advocacy at the 2018 ISDC hopefully they will cross paths and Mr. Bezos will choose to add The Expanse to the Amazon Prime lineup. The Expanse fandom is looking at numerous streaming platforms to renew the science fiction series with a 100% approval on Rotten Tomatoes the SyFy #1 series is still seeking a new home in our galaxy! If you want to attend the conference or the panel details are below.
The Science of the Expanse panel moderated by Kyle Hill is at 5PM with Naren Shankar, (Showrunner/Creator), Cas Anvar (Alex Kamal), Wes Chatham (Amos Burton), Steven Strait (Jim Holden), Shohreh Aghadashloo (Chrisjen Avasarala), and Cara Gee (Drummer) if you haven’t seen The Expanse (SyFy Network). The series is set in a future which finds the solar system is populated and prospering. The writing team on The Expanse works hard to keep special effects and concepts true to science and physics whenever possible. Cas Anvar, who plays starship pilot Alex Kamal, will join fellow cast members to discuss the science of the show.
If you would like to attend the panel only you can email Aggie Kobrin, National Space Society firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in Geek Fun, geek tv, Los Angeles, Tech, TV Tagged with: Alex Kamal, Amazon, Amazon Prime, Amos Burton, astronauts, Because Science, belters, Cara Gee, Cas Anvar, Chrisjen Avasarala, Drummer, engineers, Gerard K. O'Neill Memorial Award for Space Settlement Advocacy, Hulu, International Space Development Conference, ISDC, Jeff Bezos, Jim Holden, Kyle Hill, Mars, Naren Shankar, Nerdist, Netflix, Physics, pilot, Protomolcule, Protomolocule, RenewtheExpanse, Save the Expanse, SavetheExpanse, science, Science Fiction, Science of the Expanse, scientists, Shohreh Aghadashloo, showrunner/creator, space entrepreneurs, Space Race, Steven Strait, technology, The Expanse, Wes Chatham
“Jack Kirby’s 2001: A Space Odyssey comics were pure Kosmic Kirby at the top of his craft, expanding on the 2001 story in ways not even masters like Kubrick or Clarke could have imagined,” says Kirby Museum Acting Director, Rand Hoppe. “We can’t wait for fans to have their minds blown by the stories AND the visuals.”
If your in the NYC area you have to check out the “A Jack Kirby Odyssey” from May 11-13! It’s a celebration of the King of Comics’ pop-up exhibiting Arther C. Clarke and Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey at One Art Space (23 Warren Street, NYC). It’s in celebration of the cinematic masterpiece with a giant reproduction, never seen before pencil art and multimedia presentations.
“The comics on display for A Jack Kirby Odyssey were painstakingly reproduced from the photocopies of Kirby’s pencil art,” adds Kirby Museum President, Tom Kraft. “The oversized comics at our Kirby 100 birthday celebration at One Art Space were big hits. We expect people will love seeing Kirby’s cosmic pencil art at large size, too.”
Jack Kirby 100 Highlights Include:
5pm – Opening Celebration
1pm – The Jack’d Kirby podcast live!
5pm – Kubrick and Kirby: Mind-Breakers. Hoppe and Romberger in Conversation
7pm – Fake Church with Geoff Grimwood. Improv Comedy!
2pm – Norton’s Odyssey – audio-visual dramatic reading of issues #5&6
4pm – The New Seed! – audio-visual dramatic reading of issue #7
5pm – Closing Celebration
The Jack Kirby Museum and Research Center is organized exclusively for educational purposes; more specifically, to promote and encourage the study, understanding, preservation, and appreciation of the work of Jack Kirby. Kirby 100 marks our third pop-up event in New York City and we regularly travel the US and Europe putting on and assisting exhibitions and lectures about Mr. Kirby’s life and art.
Posted in Animated, art, Comic Books, Geek Fun, Geek Travel, museum Tagged with: 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY, A Jack Kirby Odyssey, Arthur C. Clarke, Jack Kirby Museum, King of Comics, New York City, One Art Space, Stanley Kubrick
It’s the worldwide celebration of tabletop gaming and Geek & Sundry is celebrating all day Saturday! It’s all about board games and people are playing all around the world as well as joining online, local game stores, their own hosted community events, and starting at 9am PT on April 28, 2018 can watch Geek & Sundry¹s marathon twitch live stream, that supports Charity Water to raise money for a project to get water to communities that lack access to clean water.
Join the conversation and leave a message ‘do you want to play’???
Posted in Game Chick, Geek Fun Tagged with: Blerd, Climbers XL, Flip Ships, Gamer, Gamer Chick, gaming, Geek & Sundry, Geek Games, Grimm Forest, International Tabletop Day, ITTD, Marvel: Contest of Champions, TableTop Day, Tabletop games, TabletopDay, Twitch, World Wide Wrestling
This year Whedoncon welcomes Sean Maher (Firefly, Serenity, Much Ado About Nothing) as this years guest of honor. The third annual celebration is from May 18 – 20, 2018 at the Warner Center Marriott in Los Angeles, CA. It’s a intimate
convention by design that is a fanboy/fangirl celebration of Joss Whedon creations from Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Marvel’s Avengers and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Dollhouse to Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, and more. During the two day celebration of
Whedon Fandom have fun with contests and panels, meet & greets, receptions and evening parties with talent, vendors room, panels & workshops, stunts and writers
and artists, tabletop gaming, and more. I’m very excited that Sean Maher, James Masters, James Leary, Logan Lubera, Thomas Parham, and Shawna Trpcic are among the special guests attending. See the current list of of social events whedoncon.com/special-events and will be updated with new events! You can learn more about the upcoming event and details at WhedonCon.com
WhedonCon is organized by the same team which hosts the Buffy Musical during San Diego Comic Con, the Dr. Horrible Sing-Along during WonderCon/Anaheim, and the Dr. Horrible Halloween events in Los Angeles. This year’s event marks the 21th anniversary of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the 16th anniversary of Firefly by raising funds for two amazing organizations dedicated to helping local children.
First, in memory of Ron Glass (Firefly, Serenity, Barney Miller), Fandom Charities continues to raise funds for the Al Wooten Jr. Heritage Center, a youth center that was dear to Ron’s heart. The Center provides free after school and low-cost summer programs for boys and girls in grades 3-12. The Center’s goals include preparing the attending youth for college. www.wootencenter.org
Second, we’re proud to support the Lupus Foundation of America, an organization dedicated to solving the mystery of lupus, a chronic autoimmune disease that adversely affects millions of people throughout the world. http://www.lupus.org
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @WhedonCon
Please include #WhedonCon
Fandom Charities Inc.
® is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established for the purpose of raising funds for charitable organizations through fandom events, conventions, special appearances and media events. www.fandomch
WhedonCon offers one-of-a-kind opportunities to interact with Whedonverse actors, writers, and behind-the-scenes crew.
Spend the weekend celebrating the works of Joss and the rest of the Whedonverse: Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dr. Horrible, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Dollhouse, Avengers, Marvel, DC, and more all while raising money for charity!
Indulge in: Cosplay Contests and Panels – Meet & Greets with Talent – Panels – Auction – Dealer’s Room – Behind the Scenes Creators – Workshops – Stunts – Media/Screening Room – Writers & Artists – Autograph & Photo Sessions – Tabletop Gaming – Big Damn Shindig – Live Music – The Prom at The Bronze (And whatever else they’ll let us cram in there!)
For up-to the-minute additional guests, registration info, and to sign up for our newsletter go to: WhedonCon.com
WhedonCon and Whedonopolis.com are projects of Fandom Charities Inc
®, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established for the purpose of raising funds for charitable organizations through fandom events, conventions, special appearances and media events, and to serve as a hub for the latest news and happenings in the creative universe of selected fandoms, and to provide related educational activities.
Posted in Comic Books, Comic Con, culture, festival, Geek Fun, geek tv, Los Angeles, Movie, TV Tagged with: Agent Carter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Al Wooten Jr. Heritage Center, Andrew Ferchland, Angel, Barney Miller, Bloob Rebellious, Bones, Buffy, Buffy/OZ comic miniseries, Cabin in the Woods, Camden Toy, Castle, Christopher May, Cosplay, Dagney Kerr, Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, E. J. De La Pena, Fandom Charities Inc., Farscape, Firefly, fun things to do in LA, Geek Convention, Ghost of the Robot, Gigi Edgley, Insane Jane, James Leary, James Marsters, Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge, Joe Ochman, Jonathon Latt, Joss Whedon, LA Fun, Logan Lubera, Lupus Foundation of America, Mark Altman, Marvel’s Avengers, Marvel’s Runaways, Matthew D. Hunt, Meet & Greet, Miracle Laurie, Much Ado About Nothing, Nobility, Nobility: The Series, Sean Maher, Shawna Trpcic, Slayers & Vampires, Steven L. Sears, Tabletop Gaming, The Geek, the Librarians, The Prom, Thomas Parham, Tim deZarn, Uke Box Heroes, Westworld, WhedonCon, Xena