I’m beyond excited that the geek fun is coming with VR, Games, Tech, Panels, Swag and more for San Diego Comic Con! As technology changes how we ‘play’ it is logical for the expansion from past years! I always try to check out the VR/Gaming at SDCC since it’s always cutting edge ‘next big thing’ for consumers and I know I won’t be disappointed! FutureTechLive@ COMIC-CON is taking over the Omni and is bringing Star Wars, Deadpool 2, Ready Player One, Blizzard’s Overwatch and so much more to immerse you in new and exciting ways!
AI & Robotics Innovation Fair, Space Zone, and Coinfest/Blockchain Added
Debuting Comic-Con’s first-ever Hackathon!
Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality / Mixed Reality
- STAR WARS: JEDI CHALLENGES – from Lenovo – smartphone powered augmented reality Star Wars experience, enabling lightsaber battles.
- READY PLAYER ONE – from Warner Bros. – 5,000 square feet of immersive experiences and pop culture iconography.
- DEADPOOL AR – from 7-Eleven – an AR activation based on the snarkiest Marvel Comics superhero and Fox movies rolled out by 7-Eleven Digital.
- GHOSTBUSTERS AR – from Sony / 433 Games – remember Pokemon Go? Soon people will be able to hunt virtual ghosts via their smartphone.
- OVERWATCH AR – from Blizzard – from the gaming giant behind this mega-game, now you can virtually jump into the game.
- APE-X – from Starbreeze and Luckyhammers – Fight for your freedom atop a towering building while battling bots high above city streets in this location-based VR experience.
- HOLOGATE – multi-player location-based VR experience providing exhilarating adventures in which multiple people fight robots, dragons and zombies, throw virtual snow balls or bond together and try to escape a sinking submarine.
- TAKE PAUSE – VR-based toolkit that helps teens improve focus and resilience by making mindfulness accessible and engaging using virtual reality.
- STIMULI VR – Stimuli glasses replace big, bulky VR headsets to make VR more accessible. Get ready to nab some being given away.
- WAREPLAI – uses AR to make clothing into an interactive gaming experience, with the goal to pioneer experiences to bring people together using our blended reality platform which successfully blends the virtual world, the real world, and physical items through any device.
- e360TV – making videos bleeding edge
Gaming / eSports
- ARCHANGEL: HELLFIRE – from Skydance Interactive – an action-packed multiplayer mech game, and a successor to the award-winning story-driven VR shooter Archangel. From a war torn cityscape to a snowy mountain terrain, mechs can battle it out in free-roaming warfare in open combat environments.
- WAX – from the founders of OPSkins, the world’s leading marketplace for online video games assets, WAX is a decentralized platform that enables anyone to operate a fully functioning marketplace among the 400+ million online players who already collect, buy and sell in-game items.
- ROBOT CACHE – the gaming industry’s first-ever decentralized video game distribution platform, dramatically reducing the fees publishers pay and for the first time, allowing gamers to resell their digital PC video games.
- ULTRA – a new game publishing platform, bringing the blockchain revolution to the gaming industry and creating a fair ecosystem for the future of games distribution.
- TEAM LIQUID – one of the most influential and dominant teams in eSports; it includes some of the winningest players ever. Their eSports wiki, Liquipedia, has grown to become one of the most useful, most detailed, and most up to date wikis in all of gaming. Team members will be on hand to interact and sign autographs.
A.I. Innovation / Robotics
- OZOBOT – makes award-winning coding robots for the next generators of creators… preparing kids for a future where they’ll collaborate with robots every day.
- HORIZON HOVER – founded by former NFL player Thomas (“TJ”) Wright, Horizon is developing autonomous hovercraft and heavy lift drones for businesses and consumers; TJ will be on hand for show-and-tell.
- #AISHOWBIZ ROUNDTABLE – thought leaders in artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, and entertainment from around the world are converging to share their ideas and interact.
Coinfest / Blockchain
- CONSENSYS – Ethereum founder Joseph Lubin launched ConsenSys as a software foundry to develop decentralized software services and applications that operate on the Ethereum blockchain.
- CELLARIUS – a collaborative transmedia universe integrated with blockchain technology that hopes to span every conceivable artistic medium — film, fiction, animation, music, games — with user-generated content that collectively tells the story of humanity’s ceaseless quest to push the limits of technology.
- BLOCKCHAINBTM – this company is rolling out Bitcoin ATM (i.e., “BTM”) machines across the country, with nearly a dozen already deployed in So. California.
- NEWAFRICARADIO.NET – a 24/7 internet radio channel that covers what is going on in cryptocurrency and blockchain across the continent of Africa.
- THE LIGHT IN THE VOID – From GRAMMY-nominated composer Austin Wintory (Journey, Abzu, Assasin’s Creed Syndicate) and 3-time EMMY-nominated writer-director Anthony Lund (Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman, National Geographic’s Breakthrough) comes a compelling narrative-driven symphonic theater piece that combines real, modern science with the universal question of how we must confront the unknown. A Light in the Void tells a classic hero’s journey. Along her path, she’ll tangle with an unforgettable cast of unique characters, all portrayed by legendary actor Troy Baker (The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, Shadow of Mordor). Celebrated scientists Carolyn Porco (NASA, Cassini), Maria Spirapulu (Large Hadron Collider, Caltech) and Alice Roberts (Univ. Birmingham, BBC) will present the antidote. We also spotlight A Light in the Void in some our panels.
- SPHERES: SONGS OF SPACETIME – a three-part VR series that lets viewers explore the depths of Space in VR, which sold in a blockbuster deal at this past year’s Sundance Film Festival.
- SPACE ODYSSEY – a PC game, VR series, and on-location attraction in development which enables exploration and colonization in deep space.
- FLEET SCIENCE CENTER – The acclaimed San Diego institution is bringing fun its celebrated “Two Scientists Walk into a Bar” experience — which means dozens of the best and brightest of the area scientists and innovators will be on hand to answers attendee’s questions!
- UCSD – THE CULTURAL HERITAGE ENGINEERING INITATIVE (CHAI) / CENTER FOR ASTROPHYSICS & SPACE SCIENCE (CASS) / ARTHUR C. CLARKE CENTER FOR HUMAN IMAGINATION – includes 3D video wall with augmented reality for experiencing archeological sites
- ROB PRIOR – the official artist of Star Wars & Game of Thrones will be painting live on-site.
- VR ART – digital art in an immersive setting.
- ESA LOUNGE Presented by RED BULL – We Are exhibit – Entertainment Software Association (ESA) Foundation and Red Bull Media House will showcase We Are, an educational photography exhibit, in the Diversity in Gaming and Tech Lounge. The exhibit shines a light on incredibly talented women contributing to the gaming community
FutureTechLive! & FanHacks League is producing the first-ever Comic-Con Fan Engagement Hackathon. Participants will work on prototyping mobile device apps. This includes:
- Gaming Challenge – presented by Ultra
- Blockchain Challenge – presented by Consensys
Prizes and Goodies provided by:
- Red Bull
- Team Liquid
- 7-Eleven / Deadpool 2
- The Void
- Omni Hotels
- Punch Bowl Social
For additional information and registration for the Hackathon: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/comic-con-hackathon-2018-tickets-47750687592
Giveaways and Swag
This year will feature some terrific swag. Giveaways include:
- Deadpool 2 limited edition FUNCO Pops and Trolli Gummy Baby Hands, courtesy of 7-Eleven
- Overwatch limited edition pins from Blizzard
- Star Wars: Jedi Challenges swag from Lenovo
- eSports swag from champions Team Liquid
- Surprise giveaways throughout the event
FutureTechLive! is also curating dynamic panels with industry leaders and pacesetters.
The Science of Cool
Thursday, 7/19/18, 5:00p.m. – 6:00p.m. | Venue: 5AB in San Diego Convention Center
An all-star panel of scientists and creators discuss how the rise of immersive technologies, robotics, rocketry, AI and have made science cool again and continue to bring us closer to solving some of the greatest challenges and mysteries we face.
- Moderator: Dr. Erik Viirre, M.D., Ph.D – UCSD Departments of Neurosciences; Co-Director, Arthur C. Clark Center for Human Imagination at UCSD; Qualcomm XPrize.
- Dr. Brian Keating – USCD Astrophysics professor; Director, Center for Astrophysics & Space Sciences; Co-Director, Arthur C. Clarke Center for Human Imagination at UCSD; author, “Losing the Nobel Prize: A Story of Cosmology, Ambition, and the Perils of Science’s Highest Honor.”
- Xabi Uribe-Etxebarria – Founder & CEO, SHERPA
- Kim Salzer – CMO, OZOBOT
- Katie Kelly, Head of Engagement – AltSpaceVR, MICROSOFT
- Sinclair Fleming, Lead Engineer – STARBREEZE STUDIOS
- Thomas “TJ” Wright, CEO – HORIZON HOVER (and former NLF player)
Going Crypto: How Digital Coin Technology Is Changing How We Live Our Lives
Thursday, 7/19/18, 6:00p.m. – 7:00p.m. | Venue: 5AB in San Diego Convention Center
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Dash, LiteCoin… Crypto Currency or Digital Currency or Digital Coin or Blockchain or whatever you want to call it is arguably the most talked-about topic in the ether right now. Beyond the speculation of altcoins, tokens, and ICOs, at the heart of it all is an innovative tracking technology that is now also impacting gaming, entertainment, animation, video, and everyday life. Come find out what is coming down the pike in the world of crypto!
- Moderator: Anthony Appollo – CELLARIUS / CONSENSYS
- Jonny Peters – CEO, GAZE COIN / DREAM FRAMES (film tokenization)
- Mike Dunn – CTO, ULTRA (Blockchain based games publishing platform)
- Patrick Dees – President, FAN CONTROLLED FOOTBALL LEAGUE / FAN TOKEN
- Brian Mac Mahon – CEO, EXPERT DOJO (Crypto Advisor)
- Evo Heyning – Strategic Development, FLUID BLOCKCHAIN ACCELERATOR
- Timothy “TimTayshun” Curry – Co-Founder & Blockchain Educator, BLOCKCHAINBTM (Bitcoin ATMs) and NewAfricaRadio.net / Regional Organizer, Coinfest
To Infinity & Beyond: Our Dreams for the Future Take Flight
Friday, 7/20/18 4:00p.m. – 5:00p.m. | Venue: 23ABC in San Diego Convention Center
For generations – from Copernicus to Jules Verne to Elon Musk — visionaries have offered their dreams of the future, and in doing so inspired mind-blowing innovation. An all-star panel of creators and innovators discuss their greatest influences and what they envision for our future.
- Eliza McNitt – Director, Spheres VR Experience, Oculus/Intel
- Dr. Carolyn Porco – Imaging Lead, NASA, Cassini Project – Star Talk All-Star
- Kiki Wolfkill – Kiki Wolfkill – Studio Head, HALO Transmedia and Entertainment / 343 INDUSTRIES / MICROSOFT
- Cliff Plumer – CEO, The Void (Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire and other experiences)
- Austin Wintory & Tony Lund – Co-Creators, A Light in the Void
- Jordan Vogt-Roberts – Director, Kong: Skull Island and the upcoming Metal Gear Solid
Hollywood & Emerging Tech — The Next Level of Entertainment
Saturday, 7/21/18, 3:30p.m. – 4:30p.m. | Venue: 24ABC in San Diego Convention Center
A diverse panel explores where Hollywood and technology are headed in 2018 and beyond. Celebrates the intersection of entertainment and VR, AR, XR and other cool technologies making the world a more exciting place.
- Moderator: Anastasia Staten – Executive Director, ESA FOUNDATION
- Chris Young – SVP, Entertainment Lab, NICKELODEON
- Ted Schilowitz – Futurist, PARAMOUNT STUDIOS
- Arvel Chappel III – Manager Emerging Technology, WARNER BROS.
- Nick Eisele – Associate Producer, Games & Virtual Reality, NBC UNIVERSAL
- Joanna Popper – Global Head of Virtual Reality, HP
- Tareng Sethia – VP Product Management –Digital, 7-11 / DEADPOOL 2
- Mark Harwood – Senior Producer, STARBREEZE STUDIOS
Gaming + Blockchain = A New Way for Gamers to Win Big!
Saturday, 7/21/18, 5:30p.m. – 6:30p.m. | Venue: Room 5AB in San Diego Convention Center
Blockchain is rapidly changing the way that both developers and players interact with video games and esports. Learn how gaming gurus are pioneering new types of games and business models with this disruptive technology. And how gamers are making out big time owning and trading digital assets from games. Hear from the vanguard.
- Moderator: David Bloom, Gaming Journalist
- William Quigley – CEO, WAX
- Lee Jacobson – CEO, ROBOT CACHE
- Tony Shen – Product Lead, DECENTRALAND
Enter the Fun Zone – New Immersive Arcades and eSports Stadiums
Sunday, 7/22/18, 11:00a.m. – 12:00p.m. | Venue: 29AB in San Diego Convention Center
Dynamic and immersive virtual reality arcades are springing up around the world, as are eSports stadiums and studios. Location-based entertainment is evolving, and these panelists are leading the way.
- Moderator: Mark Murphy – Co-Founder, Future Tech Live! & Space Media Ventures
- Gregg Katano – VP of U.S. Operations, HOLOGATE
- Sinclair Fleming – Lead Engineer, STARBREEZE STUDIOS
- Guy Constantine – VP, Global Interactive Marketing, SKYDANCE
- Team Liquid
Making it As a Pro in Gaming and eSports
Sunday, 7/22/18, 1:00p.m. – 2:00p.m. | Venue: 24ABC in San Diego Convention Center
What does it take to become a Pro Gamer – traveling the world and winning big at gaming and eSports competitions? How about a game designer? A programmer? This panel will give you the insights and inspiration to make your mark and even your livelihood in the world of gaming and eSports.
- Moderator: Anastasia Staten – Executive Director, ESA FOUNDATION
- Trey Smith – TEAM LIQUID – League of Legends
- TEAM LIQUID competitors
- Winter – TEMPO STORM – Fortnite
- Sicairos – TEMPO STORM – Fortnite
- Overwatch League players (2)
Diversity in Tech and Gaming – An Evolving Conversation
Sunday, 7/22/18, 2:00p.m. – 3:00p.m. | Venue: 24ABC in San Diego Convention Center
Inclusion and equality is a hot topic everywhere, and that includes the Tech and Gaming worlds. These sectors are making major inroads, and these panelists are part of the vanguard leading the way.
- Moderator – Anastasia Staten – Executive Producer, ESA FOUNDATION
- Kiki Wolfkill – Studio Head, HALO Transmedia and Entertainment / 343 INDUSTRIES / MICROSOFT
- Joanna Popper – Global Head of Virtual Reality for Location-Based Entertainment, HP
- Katie Kelly – Head of Engagement, AltspaceVR, MICROSOFT
- Eliza McNitt – Filmmaker / Director of SPHERES
- Lori H. Schwartz – Governor Interactive Media, ACADEMY OF TELEVISION ARTS & SCIENCES
- Shirin Laor-Raz Salemnia – Founder, WHIZGIRLS ACADEMY / CEO, PLAYWERKS / Faculty, USC
- Dianna Cowern – “PHYSICS GIRL” internet sensation
Special category events within FUTURETECHLIVE! @ COMIC-CON include:
#AISHOWBIZ ROUNDTABLE – Wednesday, July 18 (Invite only)
Thought leaders in artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, and entertainment from around the world gather to interact and exchange ideas.
MEDIA PREVIEW – Wednesday, July 18 at 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. (Media only)
Allows for media, bloggers and influencers a first experience of the event. Comic-Con passes are not required for this session.
DEVELOPERS/GAMERS PREVIEW – Wednesday, July 18 at 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. (Developers & Gamers)
This exclusive session allows for developers, designers, gamers, and other industry folks to get a sneak peek of the event. COMIC-CON passes are not required for this session.
VIP RECEPTION – Saturday, July 21 at 9:00 p.m.+ (Invite only)
Regular days and hours are: Thursday, Friday, Saturday (July 19 – 21) 9:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Sunday (July 22) 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The event is in the Grand Ballroom of the Omni San Diego Hotel at 675 L Street, which directly faces the city’s Convention Center, home of San Diego International Comic-Con International, and is next to Petco Park stadium.
For more information about FUTURETECHLIVE! @ COMIC-CON visit www.futuretechlive.com
Posted in Business, Comic Books, Game Chick, Geek Fun, San Diego Comic Con, Tech Tagged with: AI, AISHOWBIZ, BLIZZARD’S OVERWATCH, BlockChain, CoinFest, Comic-Con, Comic-Con Fan Engagement Hackathon, Comic-Con Hackathon, Deadpool 2, FTL2018, Future Tech Live Panels, FutureTechLive, FutureTechPanels, gaming, Immersive Tech, READY PLAYER ONE, Robotics, SDCC, SDCC Panels, Space Zone, Star Wars, Swag, Tech, VR
The 2018 International Space Development Conference welcomes the stars and producers of ‘The Expanse’ to discuss the science of the series. The Expanse is a series that takes place in the future where mankind has conquered our solar system and spread but we learn we aren’t the only intelligent lifeforms after discovering the protomolocule. The series is a mix of humanity, special effects and the use of the true concepts of science and physics. It’s why it’s exciting that they are appearing at the West Coast gathering of the world’s greatest scientist, engineers, astronauts, and space entrepreneurs who have been inspired by science fiction greats from Star Trek to Star Wars to Doctor Who to Battlestar Galactica and future innovators will include The Expanse on that list. SYFY channel did not renew the series but passionate fans have launched a renew The Expanse campaign and have appealed to Amazon Video, Netflix, Hulu, and the Networks.
This year Jeff Bezos will be accepting the Gerard K. O’Neill Memorial Award for Space Settlement Advocacy at the 2018 ISDC hopefully they will cross paths and Mr. Bezos will choose to add The Expanse to the Amazon Prime lineup. The Expanse fandom is looking at numerous streaming platforms to renew the science fiction series with a 100% approval on Rotten Tomatoes the SyFy #1 series is still seeking a new home in our galaxy! If you want to attend the conference or the panel details are below.
The Science of the Expanse panel moderated by Kyle Hill is at 5PM with Naren Shankar, (Showrunner/Creator), Cas Anvar (Alex Kamal), Wes Chatham (Amos Burton), Steven Strait (Jim Holden), Shohreh Aghadashloo (Chrisjen Avasarala), and Cara Gee (Drummer) if you haven’t seen The Expanse (SyFy Network). The series is set in a future which finds the solar system is populated and prospering. The writing team on The Expanse works hard to keep special effects and concepts true to science and physics whenever possible. Cas Anvar, who plays starship pilot Alex Kamal, will join fellow cast members to discuss the science of the show.
If you would like to attend the panel only you can email Aggie Kobrin, National Space Society firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in Geek Fun, geek tv, Los Angeles, Tech, TV Tagged with: Alex Kamal, Amazon, Amazon Prime, Amos Burton, astronauts, Because Science, belters, Cara Gee, Cas Anvar, Chrisjen Avasarala, Drummer, engineers, Gerard K. O'Neill Memorial Award for Space Settlement Advocacy, Hulu, International Space Development Conference, ISDC, Jeff Bezos, Jim Holden, Kyle Hill, Mars, Naren Shankar, Nerdist, Netflix, Physics, pilot, Protomolcule, Protomolocule, RenewtheExpanse, Save the Expanse, SavetheExpanse, science, Science Fiction, Science of the Expanse, scientists, Shohreh Aghadashloo, showrunner/creator, space entrepreneurs, Space Race, Steven Strait, technology, The Expanse, Wes Chatham
Revry Presents 3rd Annual Out Web Fest (OWF) May 18-20 celebrating independent LGBTQ digital storytelling. Buffer Festival LA, YouTube Space LA and the London Hotel are partnering to celebrate the queer web festival.
The three day festivities will include industry speaker panel, parties, screenings, digital pitchfests and the Revry Visibility Awards! OWF is the must attend event for creators and fans who want to support diversity in entertainment with established and new storytellers. YouTube Space LA on May 18th will host the opening night event and all other festivities will be at the London Hotel. The closing night awards will include prizes like free sound stage rentals courtesy of Shamrock Studios, Revry Development and Distribution deals, as well as an Audience Award with automatic entry into Rio Web Fest including travel and accommodations to beautiful Rio de Janeiro.
This year OWF is partnering with the New Zealand Web Fest, International Online Web Fest and Buffer Festival for their first Buffer Festival LA on May 17th (including Dodie Clark, Louis Cole, Matthew Santoro, Mikey Murphy & Sabrina Cruz). “We’re incredibly excited to join forces with Revry’s OWF in the very first Buffer Festival LA. Revry’s OWF has been a leader in promoting diversity through elevated content and stories about real people and real circumstances, something Buffer Festival is passionate about as we make our expansion across North America,” shares Scott Benzie, CEO of Buffer Festival.
A discounted ticket for both festivals can be purchased at: https://www.showpass.com/buffer-festival-la-combo-pack/ (Note: The OWF ticket will be a discounted optional add-on once the Buffer Festival LA customer gets to check-out.)
“OWF has made a mark in the world of content creation in highlighting unique, groundbreaking, and sometimes subversive content that is too often overlooked by the mainstream festivals,” says Revry CEO, Damian Pelliccione. “In the 21st Century, short-form content leads as the hottest and fastest growing category in digital entertainment and OWF creates the perfect forum to share multiple perspectives of queer culture that makes our stories some of the most innovative, ground-breaking and unique in the world.”
2018 LINE UP (Full Program & Tickets at: http://www.OutWebFest.com)
WOKE – Dir. Maxime Potherat and Jules Thénier
The Y Theory – Dir. Caroline Taillet and Martin Landmeters
Jade of Death – Dir. Erin Good
Two Weeks – Dir. Isabel Stanfield
Stage Fright – Dir. Anna F. Kohlschütter
Sui Generis – Dir. Roberto Nascimento
She – Dir. Anthonia Onyejekwe
Pinky Gurung – Dir. Gopal Shivakoti
Expiration Date – Dir. Shwenn Shunya Chang
The Feels – Dir. Tim Manley
Femme – Dir. Aiden Peters
Inconceivable – Dir. Joel Ashton McCarthy
Potluck S2 – Dir. Ness Simons
John Loos – Dir. CJ Arellano
Build A Boo – Dir. Jean-Pierre Chapoteau
Happy Playland – Dir. Elsie Bollinger and Sally Bollinger
Sexy Herpes – Dir. Madeleine Dyer
Little Sista – Dir. Charmaine Bingwa and Reece Jones
Pussy Willow S2 – Dir. Kate Jessop
Abbott Kiney – Musician – Junius Frey
Nova – Musician – Alsace Carcione
IRL (If You Really See Me)– Musician – Ysa Yaneza
Harlem Cleopatra – Musician – Cazwell (featuring Peppermint)
Lookin – Musician – Big Dipper
Overthinking – Musician – INA
Crush – Musician – Dark Pink Stars
Dance With Me – Musician – Davis Mallory
Comfortable – Musician – Matt Palmer
Nobody Freakin’ – Musician – Megan Vice
Over the past two years awardees, participants, and sponsors have included Tyler Oakley, Gigi Gorgeous, Hannah Hart, Ari Fitz, Amber’s Closet, Viacom, EOne, Grindr, and Maker Studios.
About OWF (Out Web Fest)
OWF is the world’s only digital festival dedicated to celebrating web series, short films and music videos by and for the global queer community. OWF’s mission is to provide the opportunity for all queer content creators to connect with the global community and celebrate the progressive evolution of LGBTQ+ entertainment. OWF breaks the mold of other festivals by giving prominence and a voice to the honest and unfiltered digital short-form storytelling that does not rely on access to resources, lofty budgets, or elite “movers and shakers” in the industry.
In the 21st Century short-form content leads as the hottest and fastest growing category in digital entertainment and we believe it is the perfect forum to share multiple perspectives of queer culture that make our stories some of the most innovative, ground-breaking, and unique in the world. OWF introduces international and local digital content creators, producers, and fans to inclusive programming that acknowledges the cultural significance of this revolutionary intersection of medium and storytelling.
This festival will feature screenings, panels with industry experts, and a pitchfest which will allow creators a chance to speak one on one with working industry professionals. The festival will conclude with an awards ceremony and closing night party. For more information, please visit http://www.outwebfest.com/
About Buffer Festival LA
Buffer Festival is an annual showcase of YouTube world premieres, bringing the most acclaimed digital creators and their audiences together. The festival includes a variety of programming, including a red carpet gala and premiere screenings, with YouTube’s highest quality content on full display. Now entering its sixth edition, the festival will host its annual four day event in September. For Ticket and Show information please visit https://bufferfestival.com
Revry is the premiere queer digital media network for the inclusive 21st century LGBTQ+ community. As the first-ever global queer streaming service, Revry offers a uniquely curated selection of domestic and international entertainment that includes iconic, award-winning narrative and documentary films, cutting-edge series and originals along with the world’s largest queer libraries of groundbreaking podcasts, music albums and videos. Revry is available worldwide on seven OTT, mobile, and online platforms, and hosts an exclusive linear channel on Pluto TV with a reach of over 10 million people in over 100 countries. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Revry is led by an inclusive team of queer, multi-ethnic and allied partners who bring decades of experience in the fields of tech, digital media, and queer advocacy. Follow on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @REVRYTV. Go Online to: www.Revry.com.
The London West Hollywood
Welcome to The London West Hollywood, a tranquil oasis that combines cosmopolitan elegance and laid-back California cool to create an unparalleled destination for a discerning new breed of luxury traveler.
International Online Web Fest
IOWF – The International Online Web Fest is a seasonal online event which specifically helps independent filmmakers to raise their visibility through the web. We do so by creating and taking care of your communication on line and especially on social media channels.
Rio WebFest had its inaugural edition held in 2015 in Ação da Cidadania and Casa Porto, two cultural centers located in the Harbour Zone of Rio de Janeiro, where
185 submissions, 65 national and 120 international, competed for more than 30 awards. Headquartered in Cidade das Artes, the 2016 edition grew exponentially, lending to the event real notoriety. The 2017 edition made Rio WebFest one of the most important events of the category in the world, with more than 500 series submitted, of which 206 competed for 54 trophies, cash prizes, co-production contracts and three international trips.
NZ Web Fest
The NZ Web Fest is New Zealand’s festival that curates and celebrates online content, web series and shows — fiction, factual, and anything in between. New for 2018 are submission categories accepting 3D, AR, MR, and VR projects. #NZWF18 runs each November in Auckland, presenting a conference day of panel discussions and presentations, an awards ceremony, and two days of screenings.
Posted in festival, Los Angeles, Social Media, Tech, West Hollywood Tagged with: Amber’s Closet, Ari Fitz, Buffer Festival LA, Dodie Clark, EOne, Gigi Gorgeous, Grindr, hamrock Studios, Hannah Hart, LGBTQ, London Hotel, Louis Cole, Maker Studios, Matthew Santoro, Media Influencer, Mikey Murphy, Out Web Fest, OWF, Revry, Revry Development, Sabrina Cruz, Viacom, yler Oakley, YouTube Space LA
Amazon is going to teach kids to love reading books
I am very interested in how Amazon is using it’s positive business practices to instill a love of reading for kids between 5-12 with unlimited access to short stories for $2.99 a month. Amazon Studios is partnering with Signature Stories to bring stories to life with the voice acting talents of Aidy Bryant (Saturday Night Live) and Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants). They are using new stories that kids love like Niko and the Sword of Light and Danger & Eggs to the app.
The launch will be at the 2017 San Diego Comic Con where they will have the opportunity to see the videos and listen to the talent behind this app. Kids will be able to read along with favorite characters with original stories written by the shows’ writers. They will be new adventures that go beyond the TV series storylines that light the imagination of children.
“We couldn’t be more excited to kick off Signature Stories and are thrilled to be teaming up with great talent such as Aidy Bryant and Tom Kenny,” said Michael Robinson, Director of Consumer Products for Amazon Education. “We’re always looking for ways to help kids develop a love of reading and we’re looking forward to bringing on new brands, new characters, and new voices to Amazon Rapids over the coming months.”
Danger & Eggs follows the endless adventures of a fearless, teal-haired future stuntwoman, D.D. Danger, and her ever-cautious best friend, a giant, talking egg, named Phillip. As the daughter of a world-renowned daredevil, D.D. is always chasing her next big thrill.
Niko and the Sword of Light follows 10-year-old Niko who is the last of his kind in a strange, fantastical world. He must embark on an epic quest to defeat the darkness and bring the light back to his land. Armed with his magic sword, brave Niko journeys to the Cursed Volcano, making new friends and powerful foes along the way, all while uncovering secrets about his mysterious past.
“We’re excited for kids to connect with our characters in new ways as they tag along on epic adventures together while reading on Amazon Rapids,” said Tara Sorensen, Head of Kids Programming at Amazon Studios. “Both pilot episodes were popular among viewers and we’re thrilled that the shows’ quirky, engaging storylines and humor can help inspire kids to read.”
Amazon Rapids is available for iOS, Android and Amazon Fire devices. Parents who sign up now can subscribe at an introductory price of $2.99 per month to give their kids unlimited access to short stories. Parents can start a free two-week trial at http://rapids.amazon.com.
Key Amazon Rapids features include:
- Read Along Mode — Kids can listen to voice actors read their favorite stories while following along with words highlighting as the adventure unfolds.
- Tap to Say & Built-in glossary —Kids can simply tap a word to hear its pronunciation or hold the word to see its definition. Each time kids look up a word, it is automatically added to their personal glossary for easy reference.
- New Stories every week— Kids can explore an expanding library of hundreds of titles spanning adventure, fantasy, humor, mystery, science fiction and sports, with new stories added weekly.
- Age-appropriate content – All content is thoughtfully edited to be appropriate for kids ages 5-12.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
Posted in Books, Comic Con, San Diego Comic Con, Tech Tagged with: Aidy Bryant, Amazon, Amazon Education, Amazon Rapids, Books, Danger & Eggs, kids, Niko and the Sword of Light, Reading, Reading is Fundamental, San Diego Comic Con, Saturday Night Live, SDCC, spongebob squarepants, Tom Kenny
Daredevil Actor Peter Shinkoda Set For Special Appearance with SHAKA Platform
This Saturday at the SHAKA Booth
I know how I plan to spend Saturday!!! It’s saying hello to Peter Shinkoda one of the stars from my beloved TNT Falling Skies series (Dai) and of course Nobu from Marvel’s Daredevil on Netflix! I hope you have your tickets to attend Stan Lee’s L.A. Comic Con! All ou have to do for a meet & greet and autograph with Peter is download SHAKA in the Apple App Store and Google Play (shakapp.com). Than sign in and enter: PeterShinkoda, Daredevil, Netflix or Nobu as your ‘vibes‘. Peter will be at the SHAKA booth #1403 at 1:30pm
Posted in Comic Con, culture, geek tv, Los Angeles, Social Media, Startups, Tech Tagged with: App, apple, Daredevil, DTLA, falling skies, Google Play, LA Comic Con, Netflix, Nobu, Peter Shinkoda, SHAKA, social, Stan Lee, Stan Lee's L.A. Comic Con, start up, Steven Spielberg, Tech, TNT, Vibes
Attend the 4th Annual Mobile Retail and Food Truck Business Expo with Cassie Betts, CEO of District 2 speaking about how she started her online fashion brand.
This event is a must attend for those interested in hearing from successful business owners on how they made their dreams a reality.
We appreciate Vermont Slauson for Economic Development (VSEDC) for bringing us this unique opportunity. Our CEO Cassie Betts will be speaking on how to start your fashion brand online. This could be a golden opportunity for people looking into start own fashion brand.
- Partnerships with the City of Los Angeles Mayor’s Office of Economic Development, Marco Antonio Regil, Television Host, LA Economic and Workforce Development Department, Fashion Business Institute, East West Bank, Premier Bank, Opportunity Fund, LA Food Council, Freshworks Program and both the American Mobile Retail Association (AMRA) and the Southern California Mobile Food Vendors Association (socalmfva).
- More exhibitors including Kareen Carts
- And new this year workshops and seminars on Social Media for Your Business, Crowdfunding to Finance Your Business, Email Marketing, How to Start Your Business in a Day with the City of Los Angeles, Taking Your Business Mobile and more…
- New this year is a special spotlight on two Crowdfunding Hometown Hero Businesses. Real talk from two entrepreneurs who did it successfully.
Let’s be part of this unique opportunity. For event details click HERE
Posted in Business, Fashon, Los Angeles, Social Media, Startups, Tech Tagged with: Business, Cassie Betts, City of Los Angeles, crowdfunding, District 2, fashion, Kareen Carts, Marco Antonio Regil, online fashion brand, panel, Seminars, Startup, Talk, Tech, workshops
I’m all in for the new original Viki series Dramaworld premiering April 17th. I had the opportunity to interview Liv Hewson (Claire) and Sean Dulake (Joon Park) and briefly chat with Chris Martin (Director/Writer) and Sebastian Lee (Producer). Sean Dulake and Chris Martin worked on creating an original series that would appeal to the passionate fans of Viki from across the world. From that dream Dramaworld was born! It’s a ultimate love letter to anyone who’s a major fangirl or fanboy of a TV or Movie. You know the person who is consumed and lives to talk about their favorite rather you want to hear about it or not!
The funny series is a show within a show. Claire is a major fangirl of Joon Park a K-Drama star who she follows in every series he stars in and she’s currently consumed with ‘Taste of Love‘ a distraction from her real life of being a student who works PT in the family business. Through a zany mishap she’s transported into ‘Dramaworld‘ where she meets a fanboy played by Justin Chon (Seth) who’s a helpmate aka instagator to make sure each series goes according to plan. Boy meets girl, mishaps conspire to keep them apart and finally boy gets girl (or girl gets boy .. I am a feminist). But the meat of Dramaworld is that Taste of Love is off center and it’s not going according to plan. So it’s up to our stars to realign the stars so that love can bloom.
I was able to see the first two episodes and it’s the perfect blend of whimsy, humor and soap opera drama that transcends language (don’t worry they have subtitles). I don’t want to give anything away but it all makes sense with little throwaway lines explaining how everyone can understand each other despite speaking different languages, how Claire got to Dramaworld and it’s different than the real world.
The cast said that it was inspired by a love of Back to the Future or that it’s Narnia with the wardrobe transporting the hero to another world but I think of it as a mix of Pleasantville and Nurse Betty come to mind for me but other than that it’s a really original concept that nobody has done right in a long time.
If your in Los Angeles and got tickets for the Dramaworld premier Saturday, April 16th at the Ace Hotel Theatre than make sure you say ‘hi’. If you didn’t get your tickets it’s sold out so you’ll have to watch me interviewing cast on periscope and streamup (Cherry_LA). You’ll be able to enjoy the new Viki series on Sunday.
What is the most exciting — and most terrifying — thing that can happen to a K-drama fanatic?Claire Duncan is a 20-year-old college student who finds her real life boring. Maybe that’s because she’s never looking up, instead having her nose buried in her smartphone and watching her favorite Korean drama, “Taste of Love,” starring her favorite actor Joon Park (Sean Dulake). Joon Park plays the hot chef and protagonists in “Taste of Love” who is still waiting for his one true love to come into his life. Through a touch of the supernatural and a sprinkle of magic, Claire’s desire to shed her own boring life and live in the world of “Taste of Love” comes true when she is transported into her favorite drama and comes face-to-face with Joon Park! There, Claire also meets the mysterious waiter Seth Ko, who made his own journey into the drama years ago from the real world and mentors Claire on how to navigate the drama world. When the appearance of Claire throws “Taste of Love” off-balance, causing other dramas to splice into the series, what kind of crazy adventure will Claire experience? “Dramaworld” is a 2016 Viki original series, produced in partnership. Set in Los Angeles and Seoul, the first-ever American-Korean mashup series is written by Josh Billig and Chris Martin and directed by Chris Martin.
Viki is a global TV site with TV shows, movies and other premium content, translated into more than 200 languages by a community of avid fans. With nearly 40 million viewers each month and over one billion words translated, Viki uniquely brings global prime-time entertainment to new audiences and unlocks new markets and revenue opportunities for content owners. Viki was named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer 2014 and is an independent subsidiary of Japanese Internet services company Rakuten. Viki has offices in San Francisco, Singapore, Seoul, Shanghai and Tokyo.
About Jetavana Entertainment
Jetavana Entertainment is a pioneer domestic cultural investment company from China, engaged in film & TV drama investment, live shows, equity investment, artist management, and new media development and investment. Founded by the renowned Ivy Zhong, former president of Chinese studio Galloping Horse and producer of many successful film projects including “Eternal Moment,” “Reign of Assassins,” “The Karate Kid,” “Ender’s Game,” “The Crossing,” “Guns and Roses” and the adventure comedy “Just Another Pandora’s Box.” Jetavana Entertainment recently announced a strategic long-term co-production collaboration deal with European comic & graphic novel publisher Humanoids Inc, to co-produce 8 films together, based on Humanoids’s successful library.
About EnterMedia Contents
EnterMedia Contents, a U.S. and Korea based production company founded by Sebastian Lee and David Kim. In 2014, they signed a first-look deal with ABC Network, and in 2015, they inked a first-look producing deal with Tomorrow ITV Studios headed by Marty Adelstein. Additionally, the production company has developed two Korean formats, “My Love From the Star” and “Good Doctor,” in the U.S. EnterMedia is also executive producing a Korean adaptation of USA Network’s “Suits.” EnterMedia is repped by WME.
About Third Culture Content
Third Culture Content, founded by Sean Dulake and Chris Martin, focuses on creating content for a more interconnected world that blends cultures together in both the digital and traditional media space. Sean Dulake has starred in numerous South Korean television dramas including “Jejungwon” and “Athena: Goddess of War,” and Chris Martin is a director and writer that has made critically acclaimed projects throughout Asia.
Posted in geek tv, Los Angeles, Talk, Tech, TV Tagged with: Ace Hotel, Back to the Future, Chris Martin, Comedy, Dramaworld, DTLA, exclusive, Fantasy, interview, K-Drama, Korea, Korean Drama, Liv Hewson, Narnia, Nurse Betty, periscope, Pleasantville, Premier, Red Carpet, Sean Dulake, streamup, Taste of Love, Viki TV
Content creators head to the Hollywood Comedy Shorts Fireside Chat and Cocktail reception to learn about monetizing comedy shorts for digital platforms from the creators and business side.
Topic: Monetizing premium short form comedy content in the ever-expanding digital ecosystem
Kevin Bigley, Co-Founder BigCob Productions, Sirens (USA Network), Now We’re Talking (Verizon Go90)
Amber J Lawson, Top 50 Women in Digital Producing philanthropist, super connector, content programing and development executive, board advisor committed to doing good at scale, Good Amplified.
Date/Time: Saturday, April 16, 2016 4pm-7pm
Location: Ignited Spaces, 7080 Hollywood Blvd, #1100, Los Angeles, CA 90028
Hollywood Comedy Shorts will highlight short comedy, web series, TV episodic, Comedy Screenplays, and Dark Comedy shorts with the goal of screening the best comedic content from around the world for a Hollywood industry audience! The festival will take place at the world famous TCL Chinese Theatres in Hollywood, two days of screenings, filmmaker Q and A’s, panel, parties, and the awards party!
Posted in Business, Comedy, festival, Film, Los Angeles, Tech Tagged with: Amber J. Lawson, Brittany Turner, Business, Comedy, content creators, Digital Platform, Film festival, Fireside Chat, Galen D'attilio, Hollywood, Hollywood Comedy Shorts, Ignited Spaces, Kepila Childers, Kevin Bigley, Monetizing premium short form comedy content, panel, Shorts, TCL Chinese Theatres, Tech, Zoe Friedman
Add the 2016 Wonder Women Tech Conference to your calendar this July for three days of workshops, keynotes and networking.
BE OUR VALENTINE! The Wonder Women Tech 2016 Early Bird Tickets are LIVE NOW! Because #WeLovePioneers we’re offering an extra 10% off FOR ONE DAY ONLY on Valentine’s Day! Be one of the first to get your tickets for the most epic #STEAM #womenintech #diversity #inclusion Conference! The magic happens July 15th – 17th, 2016 at the Long Beach Convention Center. We’ll have three stages with amazing keynotes and speakers, including a pitch stage! Explore several breakouts and workshops, two cabana lounges, a networking lounge, a *FREE career fair and expo and much more! The WWT Team is working hard to create a magical event sure to ‘disrupt the conference model.’ TICKETS ON SALE TODAY! REGISTER NOW!!
Wonder Women Tech Wants YOU to be Our Valentine! #WeLovePioneers
A-List Speakers and Pioneers!
Enjoy three stages filled with amazing speakers and influencers from around the world! To date we have over 250 speakers apply to speak at #WWT2016 from over 20 countries! Hear from ‘Oprah’s Fave Guest of All Time,’ President of UN Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment and speakers from the top companies in STEAM, including Google, Microsoft, Intel, NASA and many, many more! We’ll also have a pitch stage where companies and individuals can pitch their product and talent!
|Career Fair and Expo!
Wonder Women Tech is committed to changing the industry by fixing the broken pipeline to opportunities. We’re offering a FREE Career Fair for diverse candidates to connect with the companies that are looking for exceptional talent! Upload your resume and register to attend the Career Fair and Expo for free! *You must register and upload your resume to attend. Does not include access to the conference, however conference attendees WILL have access to the career fair and expo!
We’ll have a variety of breakouts and workshops, including WordPress workshops, speaker and sponsor hosted breakouts, DIY/Maker classes, and special sessions for our Seniors and Deaf and Disabled attendees! In an effort to fulfill our mission for Diversity and Inclusion, We’re also providing free STEAM classes for hundreds of underserved adults and children! In between sessions, mix and mingle and enjoy our Networking Lounge or Cabana Lounge under the summer sun!
Check Out The Sizzle Highlights From Wonder Women Tech 2015!
Posted in Business, Los Angeles, Social Media, Startups, Tech Tagged with: Black Women in Tech, career expo, career fair, Diversity, Inclusion, job, keynotes, Long Beach Convention Center, Networking, People of Color, science, Speakers, Startup, STEAM, STEM, Tech Event, WeLovePioneers, Women in Tech, Women of Color, Wonder Women Tech, WWT
I’m looking forward to covering the 2016 Wearable Tech Expo taking place on February 17th. “Tomorrowear” is the collaboration of District2.Co, Manufacture LA & Heart Centered Tech. Our mission is to bring exposure to the wearable tech& sustainable / natural fiber communities. Check out the link below for discount tickets (limited availability).
The Wearable Tech Expo is an elite intimate event looking into the future – where science, fashion, community and tech intertwine.
Come enjoy presentations from some of the newest establishing members in the scene, check out some of the freshest wearables, and meet plenty of apparel industry influencers.
In addition, you can speak directly with exhibitors & inventors, play in one of our 13 virtual reality experiences, mingle with master disruptors, gaze at our closing Wearable Tech Fashion Show, and if you’re still amped, stay for the “NowSounds” Close-out featuring a live performance from Creature! (all while partaking in delicious food & drink)
Only 200 tickets are available for admission, as well as sponsorship & donation opportunities, so grab them before they’re gone!
If you influence big markets, set your sails to the future, or stare at a crystal ball, TomorroWear is your big February event.
*For sponsorship opportunities please email email@example.com
District2.Co is an online platform that connects Indie Designers with factories. Designers can post a production project & receive competitive bids from factories. Designers can then hire direct from factories based on ratings, reviews & price points.
Manufacture LA is a fashion tech + incubator with a mission to reawaken & rebuild America’s fashion industry, foster the next wave of businesses & create a transparent, sustainable, global supply chain.
Heart Centered Tech acknowledges standout individuals who take part in using technology to help make this world a better place. Our awarded recipients have healed hearts, built communities and contributed through technology.
|Friends & Family use discount code “D2FRIENDS”
THE FUTURE OF FASHION AND TECHNOLOGY IS HERE WITH TOMORROWWEAR: WEARABLE TECH EXPO 2016
LOS ANGELES, CA— FEBRUARY , 2016— Silicon Beach startup District2.co,(fashion B2B ecosystem where brands & fashion designers can hire apparel manufacturers to produce their collections), is hosting the first WEARABLE TECHEXPO “TomorroWear” at The Reef’s hotspot Maker City LA. TomorroWear is an elite intimate event looking into the future- where fabric science, fashion, and wearable tech intertwine. Hosted at The Maker City Atelier on February 17, 2016, District2.Co, alongside Heart Centered Tech, Manufacture LA, & Maker City are ready to illuminate the digital advances liberating humankind’s creativity and enjoyment while enhancing the social and economic development of fashion & tech.
Preceding the “FutureWalk” runway presentation, title-sponsor Heart Centered Techis presenting their Peer-to-Peer Award to Benjamin F. Kuo ,Founder, Editor, and Publisher of SoCalTech. SoCalTech is a high news tech and informational search engine in Southern California. The previous awardee, Eli Eisenberg will present the award. Eisenberg is a venture capitalist at Straight Line Management.
Heart Centered TECH Leadership Awards #HCTLA recognizes people within organizations who lead from the heart. The awards started as a way to acknowledge stand out individuals who take part in using technology to help make this world a better place. After 30 days, the recipients choose who is the next HCT award winner should be, making this the first Peer-to-Peer Awards Ceremony of its kind that was launched in the #LATECH #Siliconbeach community.
With virtual environments & training to immersive art and 3D simulations on the rise, the VR GALLERY is a blend of LA’s finest VR Experiences all in one place for an expression of what’s possible in VR today. There will be narrative film pieces to full on 3D full immersive games. Game-School.com is a leader in providing VR education and has the best VR Gallery of talented artist experiences that are carving the way for content & simulations of the future.
Speak directly with exhibitors & inventors, you will have the chance to mingle with these master disruptors (with food & drink), gaze at our closing Wearable Tech Fashion Show, and if you’re still amped then stay for the “NowSounds” close out show!
A super-secret Hollywood celebrity chef will be the night’s food of choice, and after FutureWalk, come have a night out on the town and party with these trendy creatives.
THE PURPOSE OF TOMORROWEAR:
Futurists, influencers, investors, fashion experts, wearable tech enthusiast, engineers, Los Angeles startups, innovative fabric mills, apparel manufacturers, and press/media will all be in attendance to witness fashion evolve in a way it has never been done before. We are digitizing the way physical electronics are operating and streamlining it into a natural necessity– fashion, an industry as seasoned and established as spice trading (no pun intended).
TomorroWear is showcasing the tech gadgets in an event and we are hosting a slew of products such as smartwatches, virtual reality, pedometers, 3D printed dresses, etc TomorroWear is the only expo in LA available to market the next generation of inventors and designers. We are the mediators between art and commerce.
WHO WE ARE EXHIBITING:
February 17 cannot come any sooner as we brands from every different spectrum are coming to the expo. Here is a short list of brands we are showcasing in the 1st ever wearable tech LA event:
Activewear: Hollywood stuntwoman extraordinaire Natascha Hopkins’ Capo-Nata “The Lean Body.” The Lean Body is a built-in-one waist trimmer and sports bra.
Medical: The Stem Cell Bra by Leonhardt is the first ever bra UNDER EARLY STAGE DEVELOPMENT that is DESIGNED to increase breast size without any invasive surgery.
American Made & Sustainable: Leopardet is the next generation Ralph Lauren brand that is proud to say it’s American made— in both design, manufacture, and distribution, utilizing all organic fabrics.
Sustainable Clothing: Sun & Seeds’ clothing incorporates the natural elements of the Earth (dirt and plants) to the looks by using sustainable fabrics in the composition of the garments.
- Diversity Science: Made is an international design and manufacturing company that creates patened, high fashion denim and couture clothing and accessories; constructed from the best fine fabrics and materials, providing a phenomenal fit for a variety of body types; founded on faith. Beautifulliberation is the first company to ever capitalize on the diversity of female bodies by scientifically creating the patented golden standards for sizing based on body types.
- Recycled Threads & Precious Metals: Tambonita aims to make a beautiful, unique, handmade accessory and an eco-sustainable product. Tambonita has an original style that is exclusive in how it’s made. Hand woven and assembled with care, each product is individual, and represents the person wearing or carrying it.
- 3D Printing and Optical Illusion Design: ShapeShifterZ® is an athletic clothing brand founded in Santa Monica, California. We create goods for athletes that want to enhance the competitive experience, express an inner confidence and outright sense of humor, yet match the demands of modern fitness.
- Measure-by-Measure scanning: Left Shoe Company helps the customer pull on a pair of geometrically patterned socks and steps on a 3D scanner that analyses and measures both feet from every possible angle. A highly accurate 360° digital model of the feet is created. Once scanned, the customer can choose from a wide variety of designs, leathers and soles to create a unique shoe, knowing that each pair will be made with the best possible fit, specifically for him.
We are also hosting 3d printers and virtual reality games at the event. The designers will have a chance to exhibit and drive the runway show. Hollywood stylist and event coordinating extraordinaire Parris Harris is on board with his gorgeous models at the FutureWalk.
The event is on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM at The REEF – 11th Floor Atelier – 1933 South Broadway Los Angeles, CA 90007. For tix & information: tomorrowear.eventbrite.com USE DISCOUNT CODE “D2FRIENDS” for 50% off.
|PRESS / MEDIA / SPONSORS: District2 welcomes sponsors and media who are ready to succeed with us. We cordially invite you to our expo. Prior to to our event, we are sending media promo-codes to our site in exchange for coverage of the our event on your site and social media. After the event, we ask for the sites and blogs to write and blurb of our event to the masses.
For potential sponsors interested in being part of TomorroWear, we will be sending out the event’s Sponsors Deck. The deck will contain all the information needed. For questions, please email Sean Fitzpatrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Copyright © *|2016|* *|District 2|*, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
1933 South Broadway
Los Angles, CA 90007, Suite 1168
Posted in Business, Fashon, Geek Fun, Social Media, Startups, Tech Tagged with: 3D, apparel manufacturers, D2, District2.Co, DTLA, economic development, Eli Eisenberg, engineers, fabric science, fashion, fashion experts, FutureWalk, Futurists, HCTLA, Heart Centered Tech, influencers, innovative fabric mills, investors, LA, LATech, Los Angeles startups, Maker City LA, Manufacture LA, Peer to Peer, Siliconbeach, SoCal, social development, Straight Line Management, the Reef, tomorrow ear, Venture Capitalist, Virtual Reality, VR, VR Gallery, wearable tech enthusiast, wearable tech expo, wearable tech intertwine