I do love a scavenger hunt especially with a chance to win a VIP Experience with Robert Rodriguez (Director), Jon Landau (Producer) and Rosa Salazar & Keean Johnson the stars of Alita: Battle Angel at a mystery site during SDCC on Friday, July 20th. All you have to do is start at the Loot Crate Booth #240 and grab a limited edition Alita: Battle Angel Pillars of Iron City Search card on Friday, July 20th than post a photo on Instagram or Twitter #AlitaPICS with stamps from the six partner booths. The first 150 fans that return the completed card to the Funko Experience at the Loot Crate Booth will receive an exclusive limited edition button set AND win the VIP experience with Robert Rodriguez and John Landau.
Loot Crate Comic Con Booth #241 has SDCC Exclusives and subscriber goodies from Thursday, July 19th to Sunday, July 22nd. They will have the Bruised Archer Exclusive Variant ($20) and the Morty Monster Mayhem Exlclusive Figure ($25) in limited quantities.
They have the EXCLUSIVE Battle Angel Alita poster set ($20), Power Rangers Alpha 5 figures and pins, Guardians and more for fans of anime, gaming, tv and more! If you are a Loot Crate member they have an exclusive SDCC ’18 pin! Anyone using a MasterCard will be given a free Power Rangers hat with any purchase!
So make sure you head over to the Loot Crate booth for the contest and SDCC loot!
Posted in Comic Books, Comic Con, Geek Fun, San Diego Comic Con Tagged with: Archer, Battle Angel Alita, Comic-Con, Fandom, Funko, GUARDIANS, Jon Landau, Keean Johnson, Loot Crate, Morty Monster, Power Rangers Alpha 5, Rick and Morty, Robert Rodriguez, Rosa Salazar, San Diego Comic Con, Scavenger Hunt, SDCC, SDCC Exclusive, VIP Experience
The zombies are back and this fall with Black Ops 4 Zombies. It’s the 10th anniversary of Call of Duty Zombies and they are celebrating at Comic-Con. We get to meet new characters and three zombie playing levels that will have old and new fans ready to play. Everyone can play since it will be released on Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC (available on Battle.net gaming platform) on October 12th. The multiplayer game experience in Black Ops brings characters, locations, weapons and gear from previous games as well as a new Battle Royale-inspired mode that looks crazy fun. The game has specialists with unique weapons/equipment for each one, able to better play as a team because the game is designed to combine specialists with abilities to strategically superior to individual play, the movements have evolved so combat is fast, fluid and is more grounded (no thrust-jumps or wall running) AND a new manual health system that allows players to choose when to regenerate health. Black Ops 4 Zombies is well ALL about the zombie plates so new characters, three sets (RMS Titanic, ancient Rome in a COLISEUM, and purgatory dimension of Alcatraz with previous zombie storyline characters) and the freedom of being able to customize options that fit your gaming style and skills to allow you to make the game your own.
Black Ops 4 Zombies: Scarlett Rhodes is trying to figure out what happened to her dad. She has 3 loyal friends by her side to fight the zombies and find a relic that has the power to destroy humanity.
Black Ops 4 Zombies has 3 play modes with multiplayer, Zombies and Blackout .. I’m all about the zombies so can’t wait to try that out! Even more exciting is that Call of Duty for the first time will now be available on Blizzard Entertainment’s online gaming platform battle.net
How do you want to play?
Posted in Geek Fun, San Diego Comic Con Tagged with: Battle.net, Black Ops 4 Zombies, Blizzard Games, Call of Duty Zombies, Comic-Con, gaming, PC, Playstation 4, San Diego Comic Con, SDCC, Xbox One, Zombies
I’m fangirling SOOOO hard about this years FanSets and Warner Bros. 2nd year of collectible pins and bags combo! All of the San Diego Comic- Con’s official 18 carry-all bags this year will have one of 12 different exclusive FanSets DC Comics super hero pins featuring highly detailed heads of such iconic super heroes as Batman, Superman, Black Lightning and Wonder Woman. Even if you aren’t attending SDCC fanboys/fangirls can buy one of the 5 companion pin designs only available on fansets.com. Fans are still trying to buy pins/bags from the first year of the collaboration last!
“We are proud to be returning as the provider of the gift pins for the 2018 SDCC with Warner Bros. It’s a great compliment to the quality and collectability of our pins that we were asked to be involved again for the second year in a row. Warner is a great partner to work with and we are proud of our association with them.” Lew Halboth, Partner, FanSets.
So what bag and pin do you wish you could grab? I kind of want the Black Lightening bag/pin and if I can’t get that than the Young Justice or Teen Titans Go! bags and the pin maybe Superman?
For more information on FanSets go to www.fansets.com.All DC characters and elements © & TM DC Comics.
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables, etc.) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world.
About FanSets, LLC.
FanSets, launched in 2016, by Lew Halboth, John Garrison and Dan Madsen is a new limited-edition collectibles company producing cutting-edge, limited edition pins and pin sets, with unique art and technology, which are
designed to appeal to casual and serious collectors. The company holds licenses for Star Trek, Harry Potter, DC Comics and others featuring characters, ships, vehicles, actor autographs, sound effects and music as well as cutting-edge, patent pending Augmented Reality (AR) technology. More licenses will be announced soon. For more info visit the FanSets official website at www.fansets.com and also learn about coming events and products, a special membership club and exclusive “members-only” pins and special savings.
Posted in Animated, Comic Books, Comic Con, Geek Fun, geek tv, San Diego Comic Con Tagged with: Arrow, Batman, Black Lightening, Catwoman, Comic-Con, constantine, DC Universe, Fansets, Harley Quinn, Justice League, krypton, Legends of Tomorrow, Martian Manhunter, Nightwing, Pins, Robin, Sabrina, San Diego Comic Con, SDCC, supergirl, Superman, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go!, the flash, the Joker, Warner Bros, Wonder Woman, Young Justice
I’m beyond excited that the geek fun is coming with VR, Games, Tech, Panels, Swag and more for San Diego Comic Con! As technology changes how we ‘play’ it is logical for the expansion from past years! I always try to check out the VR/Gaming at SDCC since it’s always cutting edge ‘next big thing’ for consumers and I know I won’t be disappointed! FutureTechLive@ COMIC-CON is taking over the Omni and is bringing Star Wars, Deadpool 2, Ready Player One, Blizzard’s Overwatch and so much more to immerse you in new and exciting ways!
AI & Robotics Innovation Fair, Space Zone, and Coinfest/Blockchain Added
Debuting Comic-Con’s first-ever Hackathon!
Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality / Mixed Reality
- STAR WARS: JEDI CHALLENGES – from Lenovo – smartphone powered augmented reality Star Wars experience, enabling lightsaber battles.
- READY PLAYER ONE – from Warner Bros. – 5,000 square feet of immersive experiences and pop culture iconography.
- DEADPOOL AR – from 7-Eleven – an AR activation based on the snarkiest Marvel Comics superhero and Fox movies rolled out by 7-Eleven Digital.
- GHOSTBUSTERS AR – from Sony / 433 Games – remember Pokemon Go? Soon people will be able to hunt virtual ghosts via their smartphone.
- OVERWATCH AR – from Blizzard – from the gaming giant behind this mega-game, now you can virtually jump into the game.
- APE-X – from Starbreeze and Luckyhammers – Fight for your freedom atop a towering building while battling bots high above city streets in this location-based VR experience.
- HOLOGATE – multi-player location-based VR experience providing exhilarating adventures in which multiple people fight robots, dragons and zombies, throw virtual snow balls or bond together and try to escape a sinking submarine.
- TAKE PAUSE – VR-based toolkit that helps teens improve focus and resilience by making mindfulness accessible and engaging using virtual reality.
- STIMULI VR – Stimuli glasses replace big, bulky VR headsets to make VR more accessible. Get ready to nab some being given away.
- WAREPLAI – uses AR to make clothing into an interactive gaming experience, with the goal to pioneer experiences to bring people together using our blended reality platform which successfully blends the virtual world, the real world, and physical items through any device.
- e360TV – making videos bleeding edge
Gaming / eSports
- ARCHANGEL: HELLFIRE – from Skydance Interactive – an action-packed multiplayer mech game, and a successor to the award-winning story-driven VR shooter Archangel. From a war torn cityscape to a snowy mountain terrain, mechs can battle it out in free-roaming warfare in open combat environments.
- WAX – from the founders of OPSkins, the world’s leading marketplace for online video games assets, WAX is a decentralized platform that enables anyone to operate a fully functioning marketplace among the 400+ million online players who already collect, buy and sell in-game items.
- ROBOT CACHE – the gaming industry’s first-ever decentralized video game distribution platform, dramatically reducing the fees publishers pay and for the first time, allowing gamers to resell their digital PC video games.
- ULTRA – a new game publishing platform, bringing the blockchain revolution to the gaming industry and creating a fair ecosystem for the future of games distribution.
- TEAM LIQUID – one of the most influential and dominant teams in eSports; it includes some of the winningest players ever. Their eSports wiki, Liquipedia, has grown to become one of the most useful, most detailed, and most up to date wikis in all of gaming. Team members will be on hand to interact and sign autographs.
A.I. Innovation / Robotics
- OZOBOT – makes award-winning coding robots for the next generators of creators… preparing kids for a future where they’ll collaborate with robots every day.
- HORIZON HOVER – founded by former NFL player Thomas (“TJ”) Wright, Horizon is developing autonomous hovercraft and heavy lift drones for businesses and consumers; TJ will be on hand for show-and-tell.
- #AISHOWBIZ ROUNDTABLE – thought leaders in artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, and entertainment from around the world are converging to share their ideas and interact.
Coinfest / Blockchain
- CONSENSYS – Ethereum founder Joseph Lubin launched ConsenSys as a software foundry to develop decentralized software services and applications that operate on the Ethereum blockchain.
- CELLARIUS – a collaborative transmedia universe integrated with blockchain technology that hopes to span every conceivable artistic medium — film, fiction, animation, music, games — with user-generated content that collectively tells the story of humanity’s ceaseless quest to push the limits of technology.
- BLOCKCHAINBTM – this company is rolling out Bitcoin ATM (i.e., “BTM”) machines across the country, with nearly a dozen already deployed in So. California.
- NEWAFRICARADIO.NET – a 24/7 internet radio channel that covers what is going on in cryptocurrency and blockchain across the continent of Africa.
- THE LIGHT IN THE VOID – From GRAMMY-nominated composer Austin Wintory (Journey, Abzu, Assasin’s Creed Syndicate) and 3-time EMMY-nominated writer-director Anthony Lund (Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman, National Geographic’s Breakthrough) comes a compelling narrative-driven symphonic theater piece that combines real, modern science with the universal question of how we must confront the unknown. A Light in the Void tells a classic hero’s journey. Along her path, she’ll tangle with an unforgettable cast of unique characters, all portrayed by legendary actor Troy Baker (The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, Shadow of Mordor). Celebrated scientists Carolyn Porco (NASA, Cassini), Maria Spirapulu (Large Hadron Collider, Caltech) and Alice Roberts (Univ. Birmingham, BBC) will present the antidote. We also spotlight A Light in the Void in some our panels.
- SPHERES: SONGS OF SPACETIME – a three-part VR series that lets viewers explore the depths of Space in VR, which sold in a blockbuster deal at this past year’s Sundance Film Festival.
- SPACE ODYSSEY – a PC game, VR series, and on-location attraction in development which enables exploration and colonization in deep space.
- FLEET SCIENCE CENTER – The acclaimed San Diego institution is bringing fun its celebrated “Two Scientists Walk into a Bar” experience — which means dozens of the best and brightest of the area scientists and innovators will be on hand to answers attendee’s questions!
- UCSD – THE CULTURAL HERITAGE ENGINEERING INITATIVE (CHAI) / CENTER FOR ASTROPHYSICS & SPACE SCIENCE (CASS) / ARTHUR C. CLARKE CENTER FOR HUMAN IMAGINATION – includes 3D video wall with augmented reality for experiencing archeological sites
- ROB PRIOR – the official artist of Star Wars & Game of Thrones will be painting live on-site.
- VR ART – digital art in an immersive setting.
- ESA LOUNGE Presented by RED BULL – We Are exhibit – Entertainment Software Association (ESA) Foundation and Red Bull Media House will showcase We Are, an educational photography exhibit, in the Diversity in Gaming and Tech Lounge. The exhibit shines a light on incredibly talented women contributing to the gaming community
FutureTechLive! & FanHacks League is producing the first-ever Comic-Con Fan Engagement Hackathon. Participants will work on prototyping mobile device apps. This includes:
- Gaming Challenge – presented by Ultra
- Blockchain Challenge – presented by Consensys
Prizes and Goodies provided by:
- Red Bull
- Team Liquid
- 7-Eleven / Deadpool 2
- The Void
- Omni Hotels
- Punch Bowl Social
For additional information and registration for the Hackathon: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/comic-con-hackathon-2018-tickets-47750687592
Giveaways and Swag
This year will feature some terrific swag. Giveaways include:
- Deadpool 2 limited edition FUNCO Pops and Trolli Gummy Baby Hands, courtesy of 7-Eleven
- Overwatch limited edition pins from Blizzard
- Star Wars: Jedi Challenges swag from Lenovo
- eSports swag from champions Team Liquid
- Surprise giveaways throughout the event
FutureTechLive! is also curating dynamic panels with industry leaders and pacesetters.
The Science of Cool
Thursday, 7/19/18, 5:00p.m. – 6:00p.m. | Venue: 5AB in San Diego Convention Center
An all-star panel of scientists and creators discuss how the rise of immersive technologies, robotics, rocketry, AI and have made science cool again and continue to bring us closer to solving some of the greatest challenges and mysteries we face.
- Moderator: Dr. Erik Viirre, M.D., Ph.D – UCSD Departments of Neurosciences; Co-Director, Arthur C. Clark Center for Human Imagination at UCSD; Qualcomm XPrize.
- Dr. Brian Keating – USCD Astrophysics professor; Director, Center for Astrophysics & Space Sciences; Co-Director, Arthur C. Clarke Center for Human Imagination at UCSD; author, “Losing the Nobel Prize: A Story of Cosmology, Ambition, and the Perils of Science’s Highest Honor.”
- Xabi Uribe-Etxebarria – Founder & CEO, SHERPA
- Kim Salzer – CMO, OZOBOT
- Katie Kelly, Head of Engagement – AltSpaceVR, MICROSOFT
- Sinclair Fleming, Lead Engineer – STARBREEZE STUDIOS
- Thomas “TJ” Wright, CEO – HORIZON HOVER (and former NLF player)
Going Crypto: How Digital Coin Technology Is Changing How We Live Our Lives
Thursday, 7/19/18, 6:00p.m. – 7:00p.m. | Venue: 5AB in San Diego Convention Center
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Dash, LiteCoin… Crypto Currency or Digital Currency or Digital Coin or Blockchain or whatever you want to call it is arguably the most talked-about topic in the ether right now. Beyond the speculation of altcoins, tokens, and ICOs, at the heart of it all is an innovative tracking technology that is now also impacting gaming, entertainment, animation, video, and everyday life. Come find out what is coming down the pike in the world of crypto!
- Moderator: Anthony Appollo – CELLARIUS / CONSENSYS
- Jonny Peters – CEO, GAZE COIN / DREAM FRAMES (film tokenization)
- Mike Dunn – CTO, ULTRA (Blockchain based games publishing platform)
- Patrick Dees – President, FAN CONTROLLED FOOTBALL LEAGUE / FAN TOKEN
- Brian Mac Mahon – CEO, EXPERT DOJO (Crypto Advisor)
- Evo Heyning – Strategic Development, FLUID BLOCKCHAIN ACCELERATOR
- Timothy “TimTayshun” Curry – Co-Founder & Blockchain Educator, BLOCKCHAINBTM (Bitcoin ATMs) and NewAfricaRadio.net / Regional Organizer, Coinfest
To Infinity & Beyond: Our Dreams for the Future Take Flight
Friday, 7/20/18 4:00p.m. – 5:00p.m. | Venue: 23ABC in San Diego Convention Center
For generations – from Copernicus to Jules Verne to Elon Musk — visionaries have offered their dreams of the future, and in doing so inspired mind-blowing innovation. An all-star panel of creators and innovators discuss their greatest influences and what they envision for our future.
- Eliza McNitt – Director, Spheres VR Experience, Oculus/Intel
- Dr. Carolyn Porco – Imaging Lead, NASA, Cassini Project – Star Talk All-Star
- Kiki Wolfkill – Kiki Wolfkill – Studio Head, HALO Transmedia and Entertainment / 343 INDUSTRIES / MICROSOFT
- Cliff Plumer – CEO, The Void (Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire and other experiences)
- Austin Wintory & Tony Lund – Co-Creators, A Light in the Void
- Jordan Vogt-Roberts – Director, Kong: Skull Island and the upcoming Metal Gear Solid
Hollywood & Emerging Tech — The Next Level of Entertainment
Saturday, 7/21/18, 3:30p.m. – 4:30p.m. | Venue: 24ABC in San Diego Convention Center
A diverse panel explores where Hollywood and technology are headed in 2018 and beyond. Celebrates the intersection of entertainment and VR, AR, XR and other cool technologies making the world a more exciting place.
- Moderator: Anastasia Staten – Executive Director, ESA FOUNDATION
- Chris Young – SVP, Entertainment Lab, NICKELODEON
- Ted Schilowitz – Futurist, PARAMOUNT STUDIOS
- Arvel Chappel III – Manager Emerging Technology, WARNER BROS.
- Nick Eisele – Associate Producer, Games & Virtual Reality, NBC UNIVERSAL
- Joanna Popper – Global Head of Virtual Reality, HP
- Tareng Sethia – VP Product Management –Digital, 7-11 / DEADPOOL 2
- Mark Harwood – Senior Producer, STARBREEZE STUDIOS
Gaming + Blockchain = A New Way for Gamers to Win Big!
Saturday, 7/21/18, 5:30p.m. – 6:30p.m. | Venue: Room 5AB in San Diego Convention Center
Blockchain is rapidly changing the way that both developers and players interact with video games and esports. Learn how gaming gurus are pioneering new types of games and business models with this disruptive technology. And how gamers are making out big time owning and trading digital assets from games. Hear from the vanguard.
- Moderator: David Bloom, Gaming Journalist
- William Quigley – CEO, WAX
- Lee Jacobson – CEO, ROBOT CACHE
- Tony Shen – Product Lead, DECENTRALAND
Enter the Fun Zone – New Immersive Arcades and eSports Stadiums
Sunday, 7/22/18, 11:00a.m. – 12:00p.m. | Venue: 29AB in San Diego Convention Center
Dynamic and immersive virtual reality arcades are springing up around the world, as are eSports stadiums and studios. Location-based entertainment is evolving, and these panelists are leading the way.
- Moderator: Mark Murphy – Co-Founder, Future Tech Live! & Space Media Ventures
- Gregg Katano – VP of U.S. Operations, HOLOGATE
- Sinclair Fleming – Lead Engineer, STARBREEZE STUDIOS
- Guy Constantine – VP, Global Interactive Marketing, SKYDANCE
- Team Liquid
Making it As a Pro in Gaming and eSports
Sunday, 7/22/18, 1:00p.m. – 2:00p.m. | Venue: 24ABC in San Diego Convention Center
What does it take to become a Pro Gamer – traveling the world and winning big at gaming and eSports competitions? How about a game designer? A programmer? This panel will give you the insights and inspiration to make your mark and even your livelihood in the world of gaming and eSports.
- Moderator: Anastasia Staten – Executive Director, ESA FOUNDATION
- Trey Smith – TEAM LIQUID – League of Legends
- TEAM LIQUID competitors
- Winter – TEMPO STORM – Fortnite
- Sicairos – TEMPO STORM – Fortnite
- Overwatch League players (2)
Diversity in Tech and Gaming – An Evolving Conversation
Sunday, 7/22/18, 2:00p.m. – 3:00p.m. | Venue: 24ABC in San Diego Convention Center
Inclusion and equality is a hot topic everywhere, and that includes the Tech and Gaming worlds. These sectors are making major inroads, and these panelists are part of the vanguard leading the way.
- Moderator – Anastasia Staten – Executive Producer, ESA FOUNDATION
- Kiki Wolfkill – Studio Head, HALO Transmedia and Entertainment / 343 INDUSTRIES / MICROSOFT
- Joanna Popper – Global Head of Virtual Reality for Location-Based Entertainment, HP
- Katie Kelly – Head of Engagement, AltspaceVR, MICROSOFT
- Eliza McNitt – Filmmaker / Director of SPHERES
- Lori H. Schwartz – Governor Interactive Media, ACADEMY OF TELEVISION ARTS & SCIENCES
- Shirin Laor-Raz Salemnia – Founder, WHIZGIRLS ACADEMY / CEO, PLAYWERKS / Faculty, USC
- Dianna Cowern – “PHYSICS GIRL” internet sensation
Special category events within FUTURETECHLIVE! @ COMIC-CON include:
#AISHOWBIZ ROUNDTABLE – Wednesday, July 18 (Invite only)
Thought leaders in artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, and entertainment from around the world gather to interact and exchange ideas.
MEDIA PREVIEW – Wednesday, July 18 at 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. (Media only)
Allows for media, bloggers and influencers a first experience of the event. Comic-Con passes are not required for this session.
DEVELOPERS/GAMERS PREVIEW – Wednesday, July 18 at 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. (Developers & Gamers)
This exclusive session allows for developers, designers, gamers, and other industry folks to get a sneak peek of the event. COMIC-CON passes are not required for this session.
VIP RECEPTION – Saturday, July 21 at 9:00 p.m.+ (Invite only)
Regular days and hours are: Thursday, Friday, Saturday (July 19 – 21) 9:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Sunday (July 22) 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The event is in the Grand Ballroom of the Omni San Diego Hotel at 675 L Street, which directly faces the city’s Convention Center, home of San Diego International Comic-Con International, and is next to Petco Park stadium.
For more information about FUTURETECHLIVE! @ COMIC-CON visit www.futuretechlive.com
Posted in Business, Comic Books, Game Chick, Geek Fun, San Diego Comic Con, Tech Tagged with: AI, AISHOWBIZ, BLIZZARD’S OVERWATCH, BlockChain, CoinFest, Comic-Con, Comic-Con Fan Engagement Hackathon, Comic-Con Hackathon, Deadpool 2, FTL2018, Future Tech Live Panels, FutureTechLive, FutureTechPanels, gaming, Immersive Tech, READY PLAYER ONE, Robotics, SDCC, SDCC Panels, Space Zone, Star Wars, Swag, Tech, VR
I remember as a kid having a chia pet but it wasn’t as cute as the SDCC Kidrobot x Jeremyville Chia Dunny! It’s a Comic-Con Exclusive limited release of 300. It’s perfect to green up your desk at work or cheer up your bathroom with natural foliage! It’s a small bit of geek fun that you can have at home and did I mention it’s a bunny????
Posted in art, Comic Con, San Diego Comic Con Tagged with: Comic-Con, Dunny, Jermyville Chia Dunny, Kidrobot, San Diego Comic Con, SDCC, SDCC Exclusive
|I have to check out Image Comics booth and panels to discover new artists and writers at San Diego Comic–Con. If you want to keep up to date on schedule/artists changes go to www.imagecomics.com for the most up-to-date information
IMAGE COMICS AT SAN DIEGO COMIC–CON 2018
#WeBelieve in creator-owned panels, signings & con exclusive variants
COLLECTED EDITION CONVENTION EXCLUSIVES (sold at IMAGE BOOTH – #2729):
- ICE CREAM MAN, VOL. 1: RAINBOW SPRINKLES hardcover by W. Maxwell Prince & Martin Morazzo, cover by Morazzo, $35 +tax
- VS, VOL. 1 hardcover by Iván Brandon & Esad Ribić, cover by Ribić, $35 +tax
LIMITED* SINGLE ISSUE CONVENTION EXCLUSIVES (sold at IMAGE BOOTH – #2729):
* Quantities will be limited by customer and per day on a first come, first served basis. Please ask at the Image booth about availability.
- IMAGE FIRSTS DEADLY CLASS #1 by Rick Remender & Wes Craig, featuring a SYFY cast photo cover, FREE
- FARMHAND #1 by Rob Guillory, cover by Guillory, $10 +tax
- UNNATURAL #1 by Mirka Andolfo, cover by Andolfo, $10 +tax
SINGLE ISSUE CONVENTION EXCLUSIVES (sold at SKYBOUND side of booth – #2729):
- WALKING DEAD #181 by Robert Kirkman & Charlie Adlard, cover by Charlie Adlard & Dave McCaig, $10
- REDNECK #13 by Donny Cates & Lisandro Estherren, cover by Geoff Shaw & Dee Cunniffe, $10
SINGLE ISSUE CONVENTION EXCLUSIVES (sold at TOP COW booth #2629):
- INFINITE DARK/THE FREEZE FLIP BOOK by Ryan Cady & Andrea Mutti, covers by Phil Sevy (THE FREEZE) and Andrea Mutti (INFINITE DARK), FREE with a Top Cow booth purchase or by attending a Top Cow panel
- APHRODITE V #1 by Bryan Hill & Jeff Spokes, cover by Natali Sanders (Limited to 1,000), $10.00
CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE MERCHANDISE (sold at IMAGE BOOTH – #2729):
- DEADLY CLASS T-shirt, $24.99 +tax
- DEADLY CLASS enamel lapel pin, $10 +tax
CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE MERCHANDISE (sold at TOP COW booth #2629):
- WITCHBLADE enamel lapel pin, $10
- SUNSTONE enamel lapel pins, $10
SIGNINGS AT THE IMAGE COMICS BOOTH (#2729)
**TICKETED denotes signings require wristbands. Wristbands will be given out at the booth as soon as the convention floor opens on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets will be available for attendee badge holders only. There will be a limit of 3 items per person for ticketed signings unless otherwise noted. No CGC, CBCS, or other witnessing/grading.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 18
6:00 – 8:00 PM
- Robert Kirkman & Chris Burnham (DIE!DIE!DIE!) [Skybound] **TICKETED**
THURSDAY, JULY 19
10:00 – 10:45 AM
- Rob Guillory (CHEW, FARMHAND)
11:00 – 11:45 AM
- Doug TenNapel (GEAR)
- Joshua Williamson (BIRTHRIGHT, NAILBITER) [Skybound]
12:00 – 12:45 PM
- Doug Wagner (PLASTIC, THE HARD PLACE)
- Jacob Semahn (NO 1 WITH A BULLET)
- Sean Mackiewicz (GASOLINA) [Skybound]
1:00 – 1:45 PM
- Cat Staggs (CROSSWIND)
- Grace Ellis (MOONSTRUCK)
- Melissa Hutchison & Dave Fennoy (Telltale voice actors for Clementine and Lee) [Skybound]
2:00 – 2:45 PM
- Sina Grace (NOTHING LASTS FOREVER, SELF-OBSESSED)
- Steve Orlando (CRUDE, UNDERTOW) [Skybound]
3:00 – 3:45 PM
- Marco Finnegan (CROSSROAD BLUES)
- Rival Games (THIEF OF THIEVES) [Skybound]
4:00 – 4:45 PM
- WHERE WE LIVE multi-contributor signing featuring: Erika Schultz, Amy Chu, Aaron Campbell, Rafael Albuquerque, Matt Hawkins, Brian Haberlin, David Walker & many more.
FRIDAY, JULY 20
10:00 – 10:45 AM
- Aaron Campbell, Pornsak Pichetshote, José Villarrubia (INFIDEL)
- Jeff Lemire (DESCENDER, A.D.: AFTER DEATH, ROYAL CITY, GIDEON FALLS) **TICKETED**
11:00 – 11:45 AM
- Kickliy (PERDY)
- Sean Lewis (THE FEW, COYOTES)
- Donny Cates (REDNECK, ATOMAHAWK, GOD COUNTRY, THE GHOST FLEET, BUZZKILL) [Skybound]
12:00 – 12:45 PM
- Tomm Coker (THE BLACK MONDAY MURDERS)
- Justin Greenwood, Landry Walker (THE LAST SIEGE)
1:00 – 1:45 PM
- Dean Haspiel (THE RED HOOK)
- Jason Howard (CEMETERY BEACH) [Skybound]
2:00 – 2:45 PM
- Rick Remender (DEADLY CLASS, LOW, BLACK SCIENCE, DEATH OR GLORY, FEAR AGENT, SEVEN TO ETERNITY, TOKYO GHOST) **TICKETED**
- Dan Panosian (SLOTS) [Skybound]
3:00 – 3:45 PM
- Mirka Andolfo (UNNATURAL)
- John Layman (CHEW, LEVIATHAN)
- Jeremy Haun (THE BEAUTY, THE REALM)
4:00 – 4:45 PM
- Robert Kirkman (OBLIVION SONG, THE WALKING DEAD, OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA) [Skybound] **TICKETED and restricted to: 3-item limit**
SATURDAY, JULY 21
11:00 – 11:45 AM
- Robert Kirkman (OBLIVION SONG, THE WALKING DEAD, OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA) [Skybound] **TICKETED and restricted to: 3-item limit**
12:00 – 12:45 PM
- Doug Wagner (THE HARD PLACE, PLASTIC)
- Babs Tarr (MOTOR CRUSH)
1:00 – 1:45 PM
- Marjorie Liu (MONSTRESS) **TICKETED**
- Daniel Warren Johnson (EXTREMITY) [Skybound]
2:15 – 3:30 PM
- DEADLY CLASS SYFY TV signing featuring: Creator & Executive producer Rick Remender & members of the show’s cast **TICKETED and restricted to: 2-item limit, items must be DEADLY CLASS brand.**
SUNDAY, JULY 22
- Donny Cates (REDNECK, ATOMAHAWK, GOD COUNTRY, THE GHOST FLEET, BUZZKILL)
PANELS HOSTED BY IMAGE COMICS:
Thursday, July 19 @ 2:00 – 3:00 p.m., Room 23ABC
#WeBelieve in Fantasy
Creators conjure magic on a monthly basis, stretching the boundaries of reality to explore resonant themes under a veneer of high fiction. This group of creators has taken a legacy of wands, wizards, and incantations and tailored it to a modern context, where shape-shifting teen baristas search for missing love and reckless rockers parlay with infernal forces. Let this panel of spellbinding talent, including Sam Humphries
(BLACKBIRD), Grace Ellis
(MOONSTRUCK), Jeremy Haun
(THE REALM), Johnnie Christmas
(FIREBUG), Megan Hutchison
(ROCKSTARS), and other special guests enchant you as they explain the alchemy behind their latest comics.
Friday, July 20 @ 12:00 – 1:00 p.m., Room 23ABC
#WeBelieve in Horror
Image Comics has ushered in a new era of horror with cerebral writers and visceral artists elevating sequential-art dread to claustrophobic heights. From Jeff Lemire
‘s atmospheric character piece, GIDEON FALLS, to John Layman
‘s kaiju free-for-all, LEVIATHAN, comics are evolving terror to new personal, socially minded levels. Join a roster of the most sinister storytellers including Pornsak Pichetshote
, Aaron Campbell
, and José Villarubbia
(INFIDEL), Will Dennis
(the editor of WYTCHES, GIDEON FALLS), and other special guests to discover how they’re altering an entire genre.
Saturday, July 21 @ 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Room 7AB
#WeBelieve in Suspense
scribes wield character, dialogue, and panels with clockwork precision, leading readers through a gauntlet of plot beats designed to ratchet tension and escalate stakes. In concert with artists, these storytellers operate outside budget constraints to orchestrate explosive dramas without any limits save their own imaginations. Listen to a panel of thrill gurus including Donny Cates
(REDNECK), Mirka Andolfo
(UNNATURAL), Steve Orlando
(CRUDE), Jacob Semahn
(NO. 1 WITH A BULLET), Megan Hutchison
(ROCKSTARS), and Dean Haspiel
(THE RED HOOK) as they deconstruct their approach to weaving the tightest suspense in comics.
Sunday, July 22 @ 1:45 – 2:45 p.m., Room 5AB
#WeBelieve in Craft
Image hosts a stable of creators who have honed their skills through countless comics, publishers, and media. With their creator-owned projects, these writers and artists build on expansive careers to deliver the apex of comics craftsmanship. Join a murderer’s row of career myth-makers including Joe Casey
(NEW LIEUTENANTS OF METAL, MCMLXXV), Justin Greenwood
(THE LAST SIEGE), Kickliy
(PERDY), and Shannon Wheeler
(MEMOIRS OF A VERY STABLE GENIUS) as they chart the paths they traveled to arrive at their current projects.
IMAGE COMICS’ CREATORS IN ARTIST ALLEY:
Chris Burnham – HH-18
Juan Gedeon – AA-15
Sanford Greene – FF-21
Joe Harris – EE-20
Tom Neely – AA-05
Dustin Nguyen – CC-01
Jimmie Robinson – EE-22
Landry Q. Walker – EE-19
|ABOUT IMAGE COMICS
Image Comics is a comic book and graphic novel publisher founded in 1992 by a collective of bestselling artists. Image has since gone on to become one of the largest comics publishers in the United States. Image currently has six individuals on the Board of Directors: Robert Kirkman, Erik Larsen, Todd McFarlane, Marc Silvestri, Jim Valentino, and Eric Stephenson. It consists of five major houses: Todd McFarlane Productions, Top Cow Productions, Shadowline Comics, Skybound Entertainment, and Image Central. Image publishes comics and graphic novels in nearly every genre, sub-genre, and style imaginable. It offers science fiction, fantasy, romance, horror, crime fiction, historical fiction, humor and more by the finest artists and writers working in the medium today. For more information, visit www.imagecomics.com.
Posted in art, Comic Books, San Diego Comic Con Tagged with: Comic Books, Comic-Con, Graphic Novels, Image Comics, Image Panels, Image signings, San Diego Comic Con, WeBelieve
by Aiyonna White, Contributor
Panels are an opportunity for fans to connect with their favorite creators. Los Angeles Comic Con took place on October 27-29 and offered dozens of panels for fans to attend when they were not walking the floor. The convention may have ended, but these panels left a lasting impression on me. Read more of this article »
Posted in Animated, Comic Books, Comic Con, culture, Film, Geek Fun, geek tv, LGBT, Los Angeles, TV Tagged with: Animation, Batman, Comic-Con, DTLA, film, Geek, LACC, Los Angeles, Marvel
by Aiyonna White, Contributor
Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con kicked off October 27 from 1pm-6pm. Didn’t make it? Here are some of the talented guests you may have missed:
- Stan Lee was in attendance, and attendees were able to bring in or purchase items to be signed by the man himself.
The opening pages of Superman: American Alien Issue #4, art by Jae Lee
- Popular cosplayer Yaya Han, who you might know from her guest spots on TBS’s King of the Nerds or the Syfy series Heroes of Cosplay.
- Comic book artist Jae Lee, who won an Eisner Award for his art in Marvel’s The Inhumans. You might recognize his haunting art from Vol #1 of the The New 52 Batman/Superman run by Greg Pak. He was also one of my favorite artists in my all time favorite recent Superman comic, Superman: American Alien.
The animated classic Spirit a.k.a the first movie to make me cry. This movie was renowned for it’s beautiful and smooth animation.
If you love anything slightly nerdy you love Gary Montalbano, who has his own booth at the convention. He has worked on several fan-favorite brands, including Batman:The Animated Series, Young Justice, Tom & Jerry, Mortal Combat, and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, to name a few.
- Inker Koi Turnbull is responsible for some seriously beautiful DC and Marvel panels.
- Shannon Eric Denton is the genius behind the storyboarding and directing of the animated m
Mike Mayhew’s variant cover for Marvel’s Secret Wars Issue #1.
ovie Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius along with the 2001’s animated Justice League television show and many more of your favorite children’s cartoons.
- Mike Mayhew gained popularity with his cover art for Marvel’s Mystique and Elektra comics in the 1990’s, and more recently is the main cover artist for Star Wars and comics.
- Not a person, but The Magic: The Gathering Sealed Event with exclusive Amnokhet Pre-Release Boxes and gameplay. First to sixth place won free packs of the not yet releases Amonkhet.
And that’s not even a fraction of all the talented artist and fun events happening at this year’s LACC. Keep up with the events by following the official twitter page for the con, and my twitter, because I will be live tweeting every event I go to Saturday and Sunday. Check back in tomorrow for more updates of what you may have missed!
Posted in Geek Fun, Los Angeles Tagged with: Comic-Con, Fun things to do in Los Angeles, Geek Fun, LAComicCon, Stan Lee, Stan Lee's Los Angeles Comic Con, What To Do at LA Comic Con
I’m not screaming you’re screaming that Dwayne Johnson aka THE ROCK is coming to the 2017 Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con thanks to Entertainment Weekly (Official Media Partner) on Saturday, October 28th!
Dwayne is making a special appearance on Saturday only to discus his upcoming film ‘Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle’ that will be released December 20th! Badges are available now at http://StanLeesLAComicCon.com for the 3-day pop culture con from October 27 – 29 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
EW is the Official Media Partner and is collaborating with L.A. Comic Con to make the 7th Annual Convention Entertainment Weekly worthy with three days of programming from text, photos and real life! This year EW is also offering a one year subscription to badge holders for hollywood delivered to your doorstep!
JUMANJI: Welcome to the Jungle – In a brand new Jumanji adventure, four high school kids discover an old video game console and are drawn into the game’s jungle setting, literally becoming the adult avatars they chose. What they discover is that you don’t just play Jumanji – you must survive it. To beat the game and return to the real world, they’ll have to go on the most dangerous adventure of their lives, discover what Alan Parrish left 20 years ago, and change the way they think about themselves – or they’ll be stuck in the game forever, to be played by others without break. Written by Sony Pictures
About Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con:
Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con is Los Angeles’ biggest and best large-scale, multi-media pop culture convention. Held annually at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Stan Lee’s L.A. Comic Con assembles the most exciting and innovative in comics, video games, sci-fi, fantasy, horror and all things pop-culture. With a mission to provide celebrity, creator and talent access that is unequalled in comic conventions, Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con features unique panels, autograph sessions and photo-ops that give fans once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to truly interact with their favorite creators and major players in the entertainment industry. Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con is a partnership of Stan Lee’s Pow! Entertainment, Cassandra Peterson, and Comikaze Entertainment, Inc. Visit http://www.stanleeslacomiccon.com/.
ABOUT ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY is your all-access pass to Hollywood’s most creative minds and most fascinating stars. The magazine was launched by Time Inc. in 1990 and is America’s leading consumer publication in the entertainment category, with a guaranteed circulation rate base of 1.5 million and a combined audience of almost 28 million loyal, engaged fans. Each day, EW.com publishes a myriad of featured stories, news articles, TV-recaps, original videos, film reviews and photo galleries. The PEOPLE/ENTERTAINMENT WEEKKLY Digital Network continues to rank as the #1 site in its competitive set with close to 100 million monthly unique visitors. ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY is the first to know about the best in entertainment. With sharp insight, unparalleled access and a trusted voice, EW keeps readers plugged into pop culture. This is where the buzz begins.
Posted in Comic Books, Comic Con, Geek Fun Tagged with: Comic-Con, DTLA, Dwayne Johnson, EW, fun things to do, halloween, Jumanji, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, L.A. Comic Con, Stan Lee's Los Angeles Comic Con, The Rock
I’m a huge fan of the Librarians so have been watching John Harlan Kim starring as ‘Ezekiel Jones’ the thief with a heart of gold since episode one. His character growth has delighted me as a character who’s self confidence and general nice ‘bad boy’ had me crushing! Sadly I’m on the west coast but all of my East Coast nerds can head to the Baltimore Comic-Con to see him, artists, cosplayers, fans and buy well … Comic Books! This years the BCC is on September 22-24, 2017 at the Baltimore Convention Center in the Inner Harbor. You can still purchase tickets to attend The Baltimore Comic-Con and maybe meet/greet John Harlan Kim from TNT’s The Librarians.
“I am a HUGE fan of The Librarians,” said Marc Nathan, promoter of the Baltimore Comic-Con. “This late addition to the show is really exciting, and fans of the show are going to be as thrilled as I am to get to meet John.”
Kim previously completed a series regular role on the iconic Australian series Neighbours as “Dale ‘Macca’ McGregor”, a popular but mischievous high school student who loves to stir up trouble. His additional credits include Steven Spielberg’s miniseries The Pacific for DreamWorks and HBO.
Dynamite Entertainment, which will be exhibiting at the show in Booth #2010, are launching a comic series of The Librarians, where John will be supporting the book. A Baltimore Comic-Con exclusive cover will be available for sale at the show, perfect for getting autographs!
John Harlan Kim currently stars as a series regular on Dean Devlin’s TNT series The Librarians, a follow up to the network’s hit movie trilogy starring Noah Wyle. The series centers on four ordinary people with extraordinary talents who are recruited to work at an ancient organization hidden beneath the Metropolitan Public Library. Together they solve impossible mysteries, fight supernatural threats, and recover powerful artifacts from around the world. John plays “Ezekiel Jones”, the cocky but likable youngest member of the Librarians who is a master of new technologies, aficionado of old classic crimes, and who fancies himself an international man of mystery.
In the coming weeks, look for more announcements from the Baltimore Comic-Con. We are looking forward to highlighting our guests, industry exclusives, and programming. The latest developments can always be found on our website, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook pages
Posted in Comic Books, Comic Con, Geek Travel, geek tv Tagged with: Baltimore, Baltimore Comic-Con, Comic Book, Comic-Con, Dynamite Entertainment, Ezekiel Jones, John Harlan Kim, neighbors, the Librarians, the Pacific