What I’m talking about
IndieCade Festival 2017 is accepting submissions for festival and showcases for East and Europe
IndieCade is a great platform for independent game makers from across the world that has a competition to showcase indie games and interactive media with innovative games unlike anything you might see anywhere else.
Who: Independent Game Developers, Designers, and Artists
What: Games and Interactive creative. Finished games as well as work- in-progress projects can be entered.
When: Regular Submissions are due by April 30, 2017
Late Submissions are due by June 15, 2017
Details: For complete details, submission criteria and how to submit your game, visit www.IndieCade.com/Submissions.
Applauded as the “Sundance of the videogame industry,” IndieCade supports independent game development globally through a series of international events highlighting the rich, diverse, artistic and culturally significant contributions of indie game developers. IndieCade’s programs are designed to bring visibility to and facilitate the production of new works within the emerging independent game community. Annual events include IndieCade East, IndieCade Europe, IndieCade’s Showcase @ E3, and IndieCade Festival, the largest gathering of independent game creators in the nation.
Loot Crate is moving on up to offer fans the next level in the monthly subscription game.
It’s called Loot Crate DX and it’s putting luxury into geek hands for $49.99 (retail value $100.00). Loot Crate announced the new premium box at the Silicon Valley Comic-Con and hints of what to expect when the first box arrives on your doorstep. The first box will have items from Adventure Time, Legend of Zelda and World of
Warcraft and other geek culture franchises … oh my what a fun treat! The new DX crate will include
curated high-quality collectibles, apparel, home goods and surprises that will appeal to the geek lover who loves the lifestyle. The subscription boxes introduces subscribers to beloved and new characters that can be word or played to your hearts content. You can still subscribe to the original Loot Crate or the Loot Gaming Crate (April sold out already) or Loot Crate Anime in partnership with Crunchy Roll (has sold out every month). The fans speak every month with over half million Looters for the original Loot Crate subscription service. Loot Crate’s relationships with the hottest video game, entertainment and consumer product companies in the world, including Disney, Warner Bros., Nintendo, Activision, Minecraft, Bethesda and many more is what keeps fans looking forward to the box in the mail every month! I know I’m hoping to get my first box soon! Which one would you choose? Leave a comment below rather you will try out one of the specialty boxes or keep enjoying the original with lots of surprises!
“Loot Crate was created to help give a voice to fans of pop culture around the World,” said Matthew Arevalo, co-founder and Chief Experience Officer at Loot Crate. “Those fans have told us they would like to see bigger, bolder and higher end offerings. This is our response, and we know Looters and soon to be Looters will be incredibly pleased with the result.”
*Items shown are examples. Some but not all crates include wearables.
ABOUT LOOT CRATE
Loot Crate™ was founded in 2012 by an entrepreneurial team of geeks and gamers who thought that online retail was missing the sense of community, interactivity and mystery that we fell in love with at shows like Comic-Con and PAX. We emphasize phenomenal support and content, and include gear from some of the most respected entertainment and consumer product companies in the world.
LEGO® Dimensions™ Playable at San Diego Comic-Con!
What: LEGO Dimensions San Diego Comic-Con Hands-on Videogame Event
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will be showcasing LEGO Dimensions at the Hard Rock Hotel from Thursday through Sunday with hands-on gameplay demos, including a first-look at Doctor Who gameplay content, special events, photo ops and poster giveaways (while supplies last).
- Hands-On Gameplay – Fans can experience the merging of physical LEGO brick building and interactive console gameplay along with a mash-up of fan favorite characters and worlds in LEGO form by playing LEGO Dimensions.
- First consumer playable experience with LEGO Dimensions
- First Look at Doctor Who Gameplay
- LEGO Dimensions Giveaways – All attendees will receive a LEGO Dimensions poster. Those who play the demo will receive a Limited Edition LEGO Dimensions art print.
- Cool Photo Ops
- Special Events– Special events will take place during the game showcase, including autograph signings with Bob Gale, Co-Writer of Back to the Future, and Nathan Sawaya, the award-winning Brick Artist and voice actors from the game.
- Thursday, July 9th, 4 – 5 pm: Autograph signing with Bob Gale, Co-Writer, Back to the Future
- Friday, July 10th, 4 – 5 pm: Autograph signing with Nathan Sawaya, The Brick Artist
- Saturday, July 11th, 3 – 7pm: Scooby Doo Photo Op
- Saturday, July 11th, 4 – 5pm: Autograph signing with LEGO Dimensions voice actors, including Troy Baker (voice of Batman), Laura Bailey (voice of Wonder Woman) and Travis Willingham (voice of Superman and Lex Luthor)
- Sunday, July 12th, 10 – 2 pm: Scooby Doo Photo Op
- Pre-Order Gift With Purchase – Any attendee who pre-orders a LEGO Dimensions product from the GameStop kiosk at our event will receive an exclusive LEGO Dimensions t-shirt.
Who: Families, Fans, Gamers and Kids of All Ages
When: Thursday, July 9 – Saturday, July 11, 2015
3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Sunday, July 12, 2015
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Where: Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
Legends Ballrooms 1 & 2
207 5th Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
**No Badge Required**
Launching September 27, 2015, LEGO Dimensions will be available for Xbox One, the all-in one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation4 and PlayStation3 computer entertainment systems and the Wii U system from Nintendo.
Follow LEGO Dimensions at: