Fans rejoice because LAIKA LIVE is BIGGER than last year!
The first installation was such a success Laika is coming back three times bigger and bringing Coraline, ParaNorman, The Boxtrolls, Kubo and the Two Strings and the upcoming Missing Link. This exhibition offers attendees the opportunity to learn about how the films are made with a curated tour. Laika fans will be able to take photos with beloved characters at the exhibit and offsite throughout the Gaslamp Quarter including Coraline and Other Mother celebrating the 10th anniversary (release date February 9, 2009). Get ready to meet Mr. Link the star of Missing Link (April 19, 2019 release), see the set and puppet from the new upcoming film.
LAIKA LIVE is celebrating the Coraline 10th Anniversary, PRIDE and Comic-Con Celebrations in one stop motion collection and of course the opportunity to purchase SDCC exclusive items AND enter to win prizes that you want to get your hands on.
LAIKA LIVE exhibit is from Friday, July 13 – Sunday, July 22, 2018 coinciding with the city’s PRIDE and Comic-Con festivities in a larger venue at 350 Fifth Avenue (Gaslamp) that is free for everyone! On display will be an extensive display of props, puppets, and sets from LAIKA’s critically acclaimed and award-winning films. They have brought fan art, technology demonstrations, drawings for a pair of coveted Coraline Dunks from Nike, social media activations, LAIKA merchandise offered for sale (including brand new items and limited edition Coraline items), multiple giveaways, and more.
LAIKA President & CEO Travis Knight will lead a Facebook Live tour of the exhibit and do an autograph signing with a soon-to-be-announced special guest on Saturday, July 21.
WHERE: LAIKA LIVE
San Diego’s Gaslamp District
350 Fifth Avenue (between J & K Streets)
San Diego, CA 92101
WHEN: Friday, July 13 to Sunday, July 22, 2018
Hours of Operation:
Friday, 7/13: 2-10pm
Saturday, 7/14: 2-10pm
Sunday, 7/15: 11am-5pm
Monday, 7/16: 12-5pm
Tuesday, 7/17: 12-5pm
Wednesday, 7/18: 12-5pm
Thursday, 7/19: 10am-10pm
Friday, 7/20: 10am-11pm
Saturday, 7/21: LAIKA store opens at 10am; exhibit: 2:00pm-11pm
Sunday, 7/22: 10am-6pm
Saturday, July 21 (with soon-to-be announced special guest)
11am: LAIKA President & CEO Travis Knight (director of Kubo and the Two Strings) will take Facebook Live guests on a tour of the exhibit. (Details tba)
12:30 to 2:00pm: Autograph signing session with Travis Knight. Autographs of merchandise (available at the store at LAIKA LIVE) will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, time permitting.
WHAT TO SEE at LAIKA LIVE:
- Sets, puppets, props and technology demonstrations from all four LAIKA films as well as our hero puppet and a set from the studio’s upcoming Missing Link.
- LAIKA merchandise available for purchase.
- Daily drawing for one pair of collectible Coraline Dunks from Nike.
- Photo ops with LAIKA costume characters, including:
◦ Coraline and Other Mother from Coraline
◦ Norman and Zombie Judge from ParaNorman
◦ Boxtrolls Fish and Sparky from The Boxtrolls
◦ Kubo, Monkey and Beetle from Kubo and the Two Strings
◦ Mister Link from Missing Link
Fueled by the vision of its President & CEO Travis Knight, the animation studio LAIKA was founded in 2005. Located just outside of Portland, Oregon, LAIKA was awarded a Scientific and Technology Oscar® plaque in 2016 for its innovation in 3D printing. All of LAIKA’s four films: Coraline (2009), ParaNorman (2012), The Boxtrolls (2014) and Kubo and the Two Strings (2016) were nominated for the Academy Award® for Outstanding Animated Feature. Kubo and the Two Stringsalso won the BAFTA Award for Best Animated Film and received an additional Oscar® nomination for Visual Effects. LAIKA’s next film, Missing Link, will be released April 19, 2019 by Annapurna Pictures with foreign sales being handled by AGC International, the sales arm of AGC Studios. The film boasts a roster of international stars including Hugh Jackman, Zoe Saldana and Zach Galifianakis. www.laika.com @LAIKAstudios
For more details and updated hours of operation, please visit www.laika.com.
Posted in Animated, art, Comic Con, San Diego Comic Con Tagged with: Bigfoot, Contest, Coraline Dunks Nike, Gaslamp, Kubo and the Two Strings, LAIKA LIVE, Laika Studios, LAIKAStudios, Missing Link, Nike, oraline, ParaNorman, San Diego Comic Con, San Diego Pride, SDCC, SDCC Exclusives, the Boxtrolls, Travis Knight
I’m coming to geek out with the new Doctor Who (Jodie Whittaker) who’ll be brining some chick energy to the Tardis as the first woman Doctor Who but keep MUCH respect to ‘the Master’ aka Missy (Michelle Gomez) after his final regeneration. I’m sure this panel in Hall H on July 19th at 11:45AM (PT) will be packed with fans curious about the new direction with Jodie Whittaker and her companions Ryan (Tosin Cole) & Mandip Gill (Yasmin), new show runner (Chris Chibnall) & executive producer (Matt Strevens) will bring and well a woman doctor! SDCC attendees have to head to the BBC America Booth 4129 for exclusives and grab them early because they sell out! From Titan limited edition vinyl collectible, Funko 13th Doctor Pop!, Her Universe Rainbow Striped Top (hope it comes in my size) and hopefully socks, posters and keychains! I alway love to carry my K-9 and Tardis love with me! Any items not sold out at SDCC will be available at Hot Topic and the shop.BBC.com (USA) and Forbidden Planet (UK) and preorder close on July 23rd. Of course you can wait till the fall for them to be released but who wants to wait??? Especially the cute stylish Doctor fashion that can be found at the Her Universe Booth 1321 but for non SDCC attendees you can get your stylish wear this fall just in time for the premier of the new 13th Doctor! How can I choose between the cute top and my own pocket doctor????
- From Funko, the Thirteenth Doctor Pop! will be available at SDCC 2018 in the BBC Shop at BBC AMERICA booth #4129 and at Funko booth #5341/5347, as well as in retail in both the U.S. and UK this fall.
- A new Doctor also means new costumes and Her Universe is debuting the Thirteenth Doctor’s fashionable rainbow striped top, long coat, and blue trousers, which will be available at the Her Universe booth #1321 and later in the fall at Hot Topic stores in the U.S.
- Doctor Who licensee Titan has produced two limited-edition 6.5” vinyl collectibles for the upcoming season: a Thirteenth Doctor TITAN, and a Thirteenth Doctor Kawaii TITAN, both of which will debut at SDCC 2018 in the BBC Shop at BBC AMERICA booth #4129 and at Titan Entertainment booth #5537.
Posted in San Diego Comic Con Tagged with: BBC America, Chris Chibnall, doctor who, Funko, Her Universe, Jodie Whittaker, Mandi Gill, Matt Strevens, panel, SDCC Exclusives, Thirteenth Doctor, Titan, Tosin Cole
If your a fan of Call of Duty and Spyro Activision is coming to San Diego Comic con with panels, exclusives and more! Activision knows what the fans want and love so they have a weekend of fun for all of you. Including the schedule of fun are Call of Duty®, Spyro™, Crash Bandicoot™ and news about what are coming for the upcoming game releases from July 19 – 22 at SDCC. I plan to check out the Funko SDCC Exclusives to be found at Booth 5341, the panel with my favorite voice Tom Kenny and the Call of Duty 4 zombies .. I can never resist zombies!
ACTIVISION’S SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON SCHEDULE & HIGHLIGHTS
CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS 4
- Panel: Thursday, July 19 at 1:00pm-2:00pm, Room #6BCF
- Description: Treyarch’s Jason Blundell (Sr. Executive Producer) and Craig Houston (Lead Writer) celebrate the 10-year anniversary of Call of Duty’s Zombies and discuss what’s next for the studio’s signature undead in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. Get ready for never-before-seen footage, exciting special announcements, and Q&A.
- Dark Horse Comic Book Cover Art Signing: Thursday, July 19 at 3:00pm-4:00pm, Dark Horse Booth #2615
- Attendees receive: Exclusive art print
- BAIT Limited Edition Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Signing: Thursday, July 19 at 5:30pm-7:00pm, BAIT Store at 920 Fifth Ave., San Diego, CA 92101
- Attendees can purchase: Apparel from the Call of Duty® Zombiescapsule collection
- Call of Duty Action Figures by McFarlane Toys: July 19-22, Diamond Comic Distributors Booth #2401
- Attendees can view: Upcoming Fall lineup of figures on display at the Diamond Comic Distributors booth, including John ‘Soap’ MacTavish, John ‘Soap’ MacTavish (Bloody Variant), Donnie ‘Ruin’ Walsh, Simon ‘Ghost’ Riley, Simon ‘Ghost’ Riley (Winter Variant), and Seraph
SPYRO REIGNITED TRILOGY
- Panel: Thursday, July 19 at 2:15pm-3:15pm, Room #6BCF
- Description: Spyro: Reigniting a Legend—In 2018, Spyro the dragon is soaring to new heights in the Spyro™ Reignited Trilogy. This panel will connect Spyro’s creation with his present by giving fans an exclusive look into the creative process behind the original games from the ’90s and the 2018 remastered collection. Panelists include key members of the Insomniac Games and Toys For Bob development teams, Stewart Copeland (composer of the original Spyro™ soundtrack), Tom Kenny (the voice of Spyro), and Michael John (Producer at Universal Interactive Studios on the original Spyro trilogy). With this panel, some of the most talented names in entertainment will share their unique experiences in creating and remastering one of the most beloved trilogies in platforming history. San Diego Comic-Con exclusive giveaway slated for panel attendees.
ADDITIONAL ACTIVISION FRANCHISES
- Crash Bandicoot – Vinyl & Collectible Figures by NECA / Kidrobot: July 19-22, NECA / Kidrobot Booth #5145
- Attendees can purchase: Full lineup of figures on display at the NECA / Kidrobot booth
- Destiny – Sweeper Bot by Funko Pop! Games: July 19-22, Funko Pop! Games Booth #5341
- Attendees can purchase: SDCC exclusive product on display at the Funko Pop! Games booth
Posted in Animated, Comic Con, Game Chick Tagged with: Activision, Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot, Funko, San Diego Comic Con, SDCC, SDCC Exclusives, Spyro