What I’m talking about
All you need are a few Patron bottles and creative eye for design to try to win $10,000. All you have to do is reimagine the iconic bottles to design something new. Last year’s winner made the ultimate game coffee table complete with a delight chess set with tiny bottles. I don’t know about anyone else I would love to have an excuse to have a major Patron party with Patrón XO Cafe Incendio, Patrón Añejo, Patrón Citrónge, Patrón Citrónge Lime, Roca Patrón Reposado and Patrón Silver to name some classic favorites and new ones to try! I usually stick with Silver and XO but do have a weakness for Patron Margaritas. I’m not the most handy person but could maybe reimagine a bottle into a tiny herb garden hmmm but is that art? What would you make to win $10,000 from Patron?
It’s time to stock up at my yearly favorite sale … Wally’s Winter Tent Sale! I try to go every year to enjoy the wonderfully curated selection of wine and spirits they have in stock with up to 80% for this one winter weekend! This year the winter tent sale starts on Friday, January 23 – Sunday, 25 9am – 5pm.
I always go for the entire weekend to check out the deals. It’s always a great idea to go on Saturday for tasting and the opportunity to talk with reps about their wine. The opportunity to talk with sommeliers and staff has enabled me to buy great wines over the years that I might have missed. Two years ago I got the best French Rose that tasted of summer from the scent of flowers to fruit that danced on my tongue .. perfect for a picnic or a concert at the Hollywood Bowl!
Make sure you head to their Cheese Shop for delicious food to go with your new beverages!
This year am hoping for wine perfect for a spring party at my apt welcoming all the changes that 2015 will hopefully bring (new job, new boyfriend/love, new body as I get in shape) into my life.
What’s the best deal you’ve gotten at Wally’s Tent Sale over the years?
2007 Joh. Jos. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese 750ML
On Sale For:$60.00
1997 Isle of Jura Cask Single Malt Scotch Whisky (112 proof)
On Sale For: $99.99
2010 Sunset Ranch Chardonnay Santa Barbara County 750ML
On Sale For: $4.99
2004 Dom Perignon
Regular Price: $199.99
On Sale For: $169.99
|2009 Tantara Pinot Noir Cuvee Maria 750ML
Regular Price: $29.99
On Sale For: $16.99
Etruria Millefiori Honey
On Sale For:$9.99
On Sale For:$9.99
On Sale For:$9.99
On Sale For:$10.99
On Sale For:$3.99
On Sale For:$3.99
I AM I LOVE the Taste and know your kicking yourself if you missed the early bed ticket price but no matter you will get your money’s worth on every one of the events. Opening night will be presented by Tequila Don Julio and the final night is Cocktail Confidential. I recommend attending every event but if you can’t then choose the night that appeals to your tastebuds ….
Angeleno All-Star Chefs Michael Cimarusti, Sang Yoon, Nancy Silverton, and Mixologist Matthew Biancaniello Set to Season THE TASTE as Co-Hosts
Los Angeles Times Labor Day Weekend Event
LOS ANGELES – July 9, 2013 – The Los Angeles Times today announced the co-hosts for THE TASTE, its annual celebration of the Southern California culinary scene. Esteemed chefs Michael Cimarusti, Sang Yoon, Nancy Silverton and cocktail chef Matthew Biancaniello will each join a member of The Times renowned Food staff to present one of the five distinctive events that comprise THE TASTE’s Labor Day weekend festivities, held again at Paramount Pictures Studios.
From the Opening Night kick-off celebration on Friday, August 30th to the final sip taken at Cocktail Confidential on Sunday, September 1st, each TASTE event will feature unlimited tastings, specialty cocktails, wine seminars, live demos with our hosts (and more) and, of course, inspired conversations.
- Opening Night Presented by Tequila Don Julio. All of our hosts and many of the weekend’s participating chefs and bartenders will come together for a special opening night soirée with a focused collection of tastings, distinctive cocktail and wine offerings, and live entertainment. Limited tickets available; Fri., Aug. 30th, 7:30 to 11:30 p.m.
- Field to Fork – Hosted by Russ Parsons, Times Food Editor, and Michael Cimarusti, Chef/Owner of Providence, Chef/Partner of Connie and Ted’s. A day inspired by fresh, local ingredients and the pleasures of cooking – and eating – seasonal dishes; Sat., Aug. 31st, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Flavors of L.A. – Hosted by Jonathan Gold, Times Restaurant Critic, and Sang Yoon, Chef/Owner of Father’s Office and Lukshon. An evening of authentic dishes from around the world via the best local restaurants; Sat., Aug. 31st, 7:30 to 11:30 p.m.
- Labor Day Block Party – Hosted by Noelle Carter, Times Test Kitchen Director, and Nancy Silverton, Chef/Co-Owner of Osteria Mozza and Pizzeria Mozza, and Founder of La Brea Bakery. A bash saluting those perfect end-of-summer dishes, to be enjoyed with family and friends; Sun., Sept. 1st, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Cocktail Confidential – Hosted by Betty Hallock, Times Deputy Food Editor, Jessica Gelt, Times Food & Night Life Writer, and Matthew Biancaniello, Los Angeles Cocktail Chef. A night dedicated to the gastronomic creations and libations that typify cocktail culture; Sun., Sept. 1st, 7:30 to 11:30 p.m.
Tickets are available now:
- Opening Night: $125, limited availability
- All other TASTE events: $50 early-bird discount through July 14th or $65 in advance and $85 at the door
- A 20% discount on individual tickets is available to all Los Angeles Times members.
- For those looking to make a weekend out of it, select area hotels are offering ticket and accommodation packages.
Los Angeles Times THE TASTE is produced in association with Best Events. Sponsors include Cadillac, Icelandic Glacial, Stella Artois and Svedka. Details and tickets: latimes.com/thetaste.
Presented by Hornitos, Buick and GMC
Hosted by Roy Choi
Hollywood, The Studios at Paramount | 7-10pm
Your all-inclusive ticket offers:
• Unlimited tastings from over 30 of L.A.’s best restaurants/chefs
• Unlimited samples from over 30 of your favorite wineries, breweries and spirits, including the perfect margarita and the smoothest tequilas
• Live musical entertainment