Amazon is going to teach kids to love reading books
I am very interested in how Amazon is using it’s positive business practices to instill a love of reading for kids between 5-12 with unlimited access to short stories for $2.99 a month. Amazon Studios is partnering with Signature Stories to bring stories to life with the voice acting talents of Aidy Bryant (Saturday Night Live) and Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants). They are using new stories that kids love like Niko and the Sword of Light and Danger & Eggs to the app.
The launch will be at the 2017 San Diego Comic Con where they will have the opportunity to see the videos and listen to the talent behind this app. Kids will be able to read along with favorite characters with original stories written by the shows’ writers. They will be new adventures that go beyond the TV series storylines that light the imagination of children.
“We couldn’t be more excited to kick off Signature Stories and are thrilled to be teaming up with great talent such as Aidy Bryant and Tom Kenny,” said Michael Robinson, Director of Consumer Products for Amazon Education. “We’re always looking for ways to help kids develop a love of reading and we’re looking forward to bringing on new brands, new characters, and new voices to Amazon Rapids over the coming months.”
Danger & Eggs follows the endless adventures of a fearless, teal-haired future stuntwoman, D.D. Danger, and her ever-cautious best friend, a giant, talking egg, named Phillip. As the daughter of a world-renowned daredevil, D.D. is always chasing her next big thrill.
Niko and the Sword of Light follows 10-year-old Niko who is the last of his kind in a strange, fantastical world. He must embark on an epic quest to defeat the darkness and bring the light back to his land. Armed with his magic sword, brave Niko journeys to the Cursed Volcano, making new friends and powerful foes along the way, all while uncovering secrets about his mysterious past.
“We’re excited for kids to connect with our characters in new ways as they tag along on epic adventures together while reading on Amazon Rapids,” said Tara Sorensen, Head of Kids Programming at Amazon Studios. “Both pilot episodes were popular among viewers and we’re thrilled that the shows’ quirky, engaging storylines and humor can help inspire kids to read.”
Amazon Rapids is available for iOS, Android and Amazon Fire devices. Parents who sign up now can subscribe at an introductory price of $2.99 per month to give their kids unlimited access to short stories. Parents can start a free two-week trial at http://rapids.amazon.com.
Key Amazon Rapids features include:
- Read Along Mode — Kids can listen to voice actors read their favorite stories while following along with words highlighting as the adventure unfolds.
- Tap to Say & Built-in glossary —Kids can simply tap a word to hear its pronunciation or hold the word to see its definition. Each time kids look up a word, it is automatically added to their personal glossary for easy reference.
- New Stories every week— Kids can explore an expanding library of hundreds of titles spanning adventure, fantasy, humor, mystery, science fiction and sports, with new stories added weekly.
- Age-appropriate content – All content is thoughtfully edited to be appropriate for kids ages 5-12.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
Posted in Books, Comic Con, San Diego Comic Con, Tech Tagged with: Aidy Bryant, Amazon, Amazon Education, Amazon Rapids, Books, Danger & Eggs, kids, Niko and the Sword of Light, Reading, Reading is Fundamental, San Diego Comic Con, Saturday Night Live, SDCC, spongebob squarepants, Tom Kenny
Adult Swim on the Green at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015.
I LOVE Adult Swim at SDCC from panels, to signings for fan and the fun house .. THE FREAKING FUN HOUSE is insanely fun and if you do no other fan experience get over to the park for crazy Adult Swim fun Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights!
Now you will have to attend the panels with Samurai Jack coming back to AS <scream> and old favorites Rick & Morty, Robot Chicken and the new series Brad Neely’s Harg Nalllin’ Sclopio Peepio
This year they are again offering nighttime fun with Adult Swim under the stars! Nighttime on the Green will have screenings from 8:00 p.m. -10:00 p.m. with lineup starting at 7:00 p.m. Thursday join Toonami Pre-Flight for a night of behind-the-scenes info from their popular anime programming block hosted by Jason DeMarco, Gill Austin, Steve Blum (Voice of TOM), and Dana Swanson (Voice of SARA). Friday‘s schedule will be “Things You’ve Never Seen,” a night of specials and original pilots. Saturday, don’t miss an improvised evening with Rick and Morty creators Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland. Arrive early to get suited up for the show by SNICKERS® in custom Ricky and Morty costumes. Keep up with Adult Swim at Comic Con and to RSVP for events AdultSwimPresents.com.
ADULT SWIM PANELS
FRIDAY, JULY 22
Hilton San Diego Bayfront – Indigo Ballroom
12:15 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Perk up your feathers and lube your gears—the poultry posse’s back to show exclusive, never-before-seen, behind-the-scenes footage of their Emmy Award®-winning series! Co-creator / EP Matthew Senreich, EP / co-head writer Tom Root, EP / co-head writer Doug Goldstein, actor / writer Breckin Meyer and writer / director Tom Sheppard are joined by a very special guest: voice actor Donald Faison (Scrubs). Moderated by Keith Crofford, SVP of production for Adult Swim.
Brad Neely’s Harg Nalllin’ Sclopio Peepio
1:15 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Show creator Brad Neely (China, IL), executive producer Daniel Weidenfeld (China, IL), co-executive producer Dave Newberg (China, IL) invite you to an exclusive look at the first season of the animated sketch show Brad Neely’s Harg Nallin’ Sclopio Peepio premiering Sundays at 11:45 p.m.(ET/PT) on [adult swim].
Rick and Morty
2:15 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Executive producers Dan Harmon (Community) & Justin Roiland (Adventure Time), writer / producer Ryan Ridley (Community) and voice talentSpencer Grammer (Greek), Sarah Chalke (Scrubs) and Chris Parnell (Archer) invite fans for a sneak peek of the highly-anticipated third season.Moderated by Brian Q. Quinn (Impractical Jokers).
3:15pm – 4:00pm
Join creator / director Genndy Tartakovsky, head writer Darrick Bachman, art director Scott Wills, storyboard artist Bryan Andrews and character designer Craig Kellman as they give fans a behind-the-scenes look at the upcoming revival of hit animated action-adventure series Samurai Jack. Moderated by Tom Kenny (Samurai Jack, SpongeBob SquarePants).
ADULT SWIM SIGNINGS
Tickets are required for all signings at the Adult Swim Booth (#3721). A limited number of tickets will be given out at the booth on the day-of. First come. First served.
SATURDAY, JULY 23
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Samurai Jack
Adult Swim Booth #3721
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Rick and Morty
Adult Swim Booth #3721
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Brad Neely’s Harg Nallin’ Sclopio Peepio
Adult Swim Booth #3721
4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Robot Chicken
Adult Swim Booth #3721
Adult Swim (AdultSwim.com), launched in 2001, is Turner’s network offering original and acquired animated and live-action series for young adults. Airing nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. (ET/PT), Adult Swim is basic cable’s #1 network with persons 18-34 and 18-49, and is seen in 94 million U.S. homes.
Turner, a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, sports, animation and young adult multi-platform content for consumers around the world. Turner brands and businesses include CNN/U.S., HLN, CNN International and CNN.com, TBS, TNT, TCM, truTV, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Adult Swim, Turner Sports, Bleacher Report, iStreamPlanet and ELEAGUE.
Adult Swim app available for iOS and Android Platforms.
Posted in geek tv, San Diego Comic Con Tagged with: Adult Swim, Brad Neely, Brad Neely’s Harg Nalllin’ Sclopio Peepio, Breckin Meyer, Brian Q. Quinn, Bryan Andrews, Chris Parnell, Craig Kellman, Dan Harmon, Daniel Weidenfeld, Darrick Bachman, Dave Newberg, Donald Faison, Doug Goldstein, Genndy Tartakovsky, Justin Roiland, Matthew Seereich, Panel Schedule, Rick and Morty, Robot Chicken, Ryan Ridley, Samuri Jack, San Diego Comic Con, Sarah Chalke, Scott Wills, SDCC, Spencer Grammer, Tom Kenny, Tom Root, Tom Sheppard
90’s kid get ready for some fun nostalgia with a first look at the Legends of the Hidden Temple TV Movie at San Diego Comic Con 2016. The ‘Back to the 90s: Nickelodeon’s All That Reunion and the Ledges of the Hidden Temple’ panel with cast members’ Kirk Fogg, Dee Bradley Baker and Isabela Moner to appear!
Find all things Nick Nostalgia at the Nickelodeon 1,800 square-foot booth (#4113) on the convention floor. This year Nickelodeon has opened the ‘vault’ to beloved series and characters with activations, games, panels, talent signings and interactive design elements featuring: Legends of the Hidden Temple, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, Double Dare, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, CatDog, Rocko’s Modern Life, and Invader Zim, among many others.
“Those who dare to pass through the sacred gates of Comic-Con will enter a world of nostalgic treasures, artifacts and trivia from Nickelodeon’s beloved ’90s archives,” said King Olmec, Keeper of Nickelodeon’s booth. “The choice to enter is yours and yours alone, loyal fans.”
Nick’s booth is offers a virtual reality 360-experience for fans to be a part of the upcoming Legends of the Hidden Temple live-action TV movie; an interactive trivia game featuring Legends of the Hidden Temple’s King Olmec, Keeper of the Temple; photo opps with a life-size replica of the Hey Arnold! stoop and the nose from Double Dare; a retail area, where attendees can purchase a variety of exclusive Nick, The Splat and ‘90s-themed gear and one-of-a-kind collectibles; costumed character appearances; and autograph signings with cast member from All That, SpongeBob SquarePants’ Tom Kenny, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles voice talent, Kirk Fogg from Legends of the Hidden Temple, and more special appearances to be announced in the coming weeks.
Nickelodeon will present four panels during the convention: Happy Happy! Joy Joy!, a look back at 25 years of original Nick animation featuring the creators of Invader Zim, Hey Arnold!and other legendary series; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles–Return to New York, an exclusive first look at the current TV season; She Made That?: Nickelodeon hosts Women in Animation, featuring some of the genre’s female pioneers of the past and present; and a special reunion of cast members from legendary kids’ sketch-comedy series All That–with a surprise from Nick’s forthcoming Legends of the Hidden Temple TV movie.
WHAT: Nickelodeon presents San Diego Comic-Con attendees with a first-look at the Legends of the Hidden Temple TV movie during its panel, Back to the ‘90s: Nickelodeon’s All That Reunion and Legends of the Hidden Temple!
The Legends of the Hidden Temple TV movie follows three siblings who break away from a lackluster tour in a jungle, finding themselves immersed in a high-stakes adventure comprised of obstacles that they must complete in order to escape alive. The TV movie will feature many elements from the original game show including: Olmec, a talking head who greets cast members Noah, Sadie and Dudley, and launches them on the adventure of a lifetime; The Steps of Knowledge, the entrance to the temple and launching pad for the mission; and appearances from a green monkey, red jaguar, and silver snakes, among others.
WHO: Cast members include Kirk Fogg, the tour guide, Dee Bradley Baker, the voice of King Olmec, and Isabela Moner (Transformers 5), Sadie, one of three siblings who tackle the temple’s obstacles to stay alive.
WHEN: Saturday, July 23
11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Nick Panel: Back to the ‘90s: Nickelodeon’s All That Reunion and Legends of the Hidden Temple.
Location: Convention Center (Room: 6A)
4 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Cast signing with Kirk Fogg, Dee Bradley Baker and Isabela Moner
Location: Nickelodeon Booth
The following is a full rundown of the panels and booth activity:
- Happy Happy! Joy Joy!: 25 Years of Nickelodeon Original Animation
Thursday, July 21, 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (Room: 6A) – For 25 years Nickelodeon has produced some of the most innovative and memorable animation in the history of television. Nick Animation Podcast host Hector Navarro finds out how and why four of the network’s most influential creators did what they did: Craig Bartlett (Hey Arnold!), Jhonen Vasquez(Invader Zim), Butch Hartman (
) and Arlene Klasky, who along with Gabor Csupo and Paul Germain, created Rugrats. Don’t miss the chance to see production art from the upcoming TV movie Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie; animation from Hartman’s new Bunsen is a Beast!; and the world premiere of Don vs Raph, a TMNT animated short written and produced by Jhonen Vasquez.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles–Return to New York
Friday, July 22, 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. (Room: 6A) – They travelled time and space to save planet Earth, and now the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles return home! Executive producers Ciro Nieli and Brandon Auman share sneak peeks of the epic adventures and new characters that await the Turtles when they return to the streets of NY in season four. On hand will be the extraordinary voice actors of the TMNT world: Rob Paulsen(Donatello), Greg Cipes (Michelangelo), Gwendoline Yeo (Shinigami) and Eric Bauza(Tiger Claw). Also, witness the world premiere of two never-before-seen TMNT animated shorts presented by TMNT co-creator, Kevin Eastman. The panel will be moderated by Andre Meadows (Black Nerd Comedy).
- She Made That?: Nickelodeon hosts Women in Animation
Friday, July 22, 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (Room: 24ABC) – Join this group of innovative and pioneering female cartoon creators for a discussion on their careers and the opportunities for women in animation today. Panelists include women responsible for the original Nicktoons from the 1990s and others who are making some of today’s best animation for TV and the web. The panel will include Lauren Faust (My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic), Mary Harrington (Invader Zim, Hey Arnold!), Vanessa Coffey (The Ren & Stimpy Show, Rugrats), Rikke Asbjoern (Pinky Malinky), Margaret Dean (Women in Animation) and Maija Burnett (California Institute of the Arts).
- Back to the ‘90s: Nickelodeon’s All That Reunion and Legends of the Hidden Temple!
Saturday, July 23, 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (Room: 6A) – Join Nickelodeon’s throwback programming block, The Splat, for a reunion of the trailblazing sketch comedy series’ major players, Josh Server, Danny Tamberelli, Lori Beth Denberg and Kel Mitchell, discussing all things All That, with a few added surprises. Plus, get the first look at Nick’s new TV movie based on Legends of the Hidden Temple and hear about it from returning cast members Kirk Fogg and Dee Bradley Baker, along with Isabela Moner (Transformers 5). The panel will be moderated by Entertainment Weekly staff writer, Marc Snetiker.
DAILY BOOTH ACTIVITY
- Legends of the Hidden Temple Virtual Reality 360-Degree Experience: This 360-degree experience transports fans into the world of the upcoming action-adventure TV movie inspired by the iconic game show, allowing them to experience the mysterious Mayan temple first-hand.
- Olmec Photo Opp/Trivia: Fans can interact with Legends of the Hidden Temple’s King Olmec and test their knowledge by answering trivia questions for the opportunity to win prizes.
- Hey Arnold! Stoop and Double Dare Nose Photo Opps: Fans can take photos on a replica of Arnold’s stoop from Hey Arnold! and with the nose from Double Dare (beware of boogers).
- Autograph Signings: Signing opportunities with Nickelodeon talent include: All Thatcast; Legends of the Hidden Temple cast; SpongeBob SquarePants voice talent; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles voice talent and executive producers; Nick current series creators and executive producers (C.H. Greenblatt, Harvey Beaks; Chris Savino, The Loud House; and Dave Cooper, Johnny Ryan, and David Sacks, Pig Goat Banana Cricket); and Nick original animation creators (Butch Hartman, The Fairly OddParents and Bunsen is a Beast!; Craig Bartlett, Hey Arnold!; Arlene Klasky, Rugrats, Wild Thornberrys, Rocket Power; and Jhonen Vasquez, Invader Zim).
- Costumed-Character Appearances: The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Rugrats, SpongeBob SquarePants, The Fairly OddParents, Arnold and Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Power Rangers Dino Super Charge will make appearances at Nick’s booth at select times during the convention.
- Retail: Attendees can purchase Comic-Con exclusive figures, t-shirts and more.
- Giveaways: Enter for a chance to win special prizes over the course of the convention.
Additionally, in celebration of the Aug. 11, 25-year anniversary of the launch of the network’s original animated series (The Ren & Stimpy Show, Rugrats and Doug), The Splat will feature brand-new commentary and behind-the-scenes information from the series’ voice talent and creators, along with themed programming and encore airings of these animated series every night during the month of August.
Nickelodeon’s The Splat is a multiple-screen destination spanning television, eight social media platforms and a dedicated web site aggregating the most loved Nick content from the 1990s and beyond. Celebrating the characters and shows that are definitional to millennials who grew up in the ‘90s, The Splat consists of: an eight-hour television block airing daily from 10 p.m.–6 a.m. (ET/PT) featuring landmark Nickelodeon programs and classic programming stunts; a fan-driven website (www.TheSplat.com) built around social conversations; a robust social media community on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Tumblr, Twitter, Vine and YouTube platforms; and a fully integrated Splat-branded emoji keyboard with emoticons, stickers and GIFs.
Nickelodeon, now in its 37th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books and feature films. Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in more than 90 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 20 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).
Posted in San Diego Comic Con Tagged with: All that Reunion, CatDog, Danny Phantom, Dee Bradley Baker, Don vs Raph, Double Dare, hey arnold, invader zim, Isabela Moner, Jhonen Vasquez, Kirk Fogg, Legends of the Hidden Temple, nick, Nickelodeon, Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, San Diego Comic Con, SDCC, She Made That?, spongebob squarepants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the fairly oddparents, The Splat, Tom Kenny, Women in Animation
It’s not a mashup but is a brand new cross episode of Spongebob Squarepants with the beloved Fonzie (Henry Winkler), Leonard ‘Lenny’ Kosnowski (Michael McKean) and Andrew ‘Squiggy’ Squiggman (David Lander). It’s the Greasers vs our favorite sweeties in an episode called ‘Sharks vs Pods’ full of inside jokes for those who remember EHHHH. Now the real question will be is he going to jump the shark <guffaw>! This new episode is premiering on Wednesday, May 4 on Nickelodeon.
Happy Days Cast Guest Star in Brand-New
SpongeBob SquarePants Episode Premiering
Wednesday, May 4, at 5:30 p.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon
This should be a fun blast from the past for kids and parents AND grandparents who want to relive the happy days of the old series. A few cast members are coming for Bikini Bottom in this new episode of SpongeBob SquarePants, “Sharks vs. Pods.”
In the episode, “The Sharks” are the toughest guys in town, but their next confrontation might be too much for SpongeBob to handle. Henry Winkler voices Sharkface, a tough guy who grew up on the mean streets of Bikini Bottom; Michael McKean voices Lonnie, a skateboarding punk from the Red Hook neighborhood of Bikini Bottom; and David Lander lends his voice as Donnie, a guy who grew up in an upper-class family in Bikini Heights.
The evening kicks-off with a new episode of Nickelodeon’s newest animated series The Loud House at 5:00 p.m. (ET/PT). The series follows 11-year-old Lincoln Loud and his 10 sisters as he gives an inside look at what it takes to survive the chaos of a huge family. The series debuts today Monday, May 2, at 5:00 p.m. (ET/PT) and new episodes will premiere weekdays at 5:00p.m. (ET/PT) through May on Nickelodeon.
Posted in Los Angeles Tagged with: Bikini Bottom, Bill Fagerbakke, David Lander, Fonzie, Happy Days, Henry Winkler, Lenny, Michael McKean, Nickelodeon, Rodger Bumpass, Sharks vs. Pods, spongebob, spongebob squarepants, Squiggy, the Fonz, The Sharks, Tom Kenny
Well I’m one lumpy space princess that is STOKED about the latest Adventure Time ConQuest that starts NEXT week at Comic Con <scream> get ready to touch these lumps as I look for my dream geek prince! Tee hee well I’m going to TRY to take in the scavenger hunt to get me some jewels boy! Thanks to Cartoon Network for making it hard <zoinks> but like I said I do love sparkles and prizes so will try to check it out on Wednesday .. well Thursday for sure. Now I’m not sure if they are taking over the Children’s Museum again but I have my fingers crossed that they are doing something special and am thinking maybe one of their new shows might be getting a little shine but I’m ALWAYS on team Adventure Time! Fiona and Cake would be awesome!!! I love my Fifi!
LSP is spending this SDCC looking for the ideal fella to take to the Princess Day Ball and as you run around San Diego you get a chance to check out all the fun official licensed Adventure Time items that are sure to tickle your fancy AND bring out your credit card/cash/ATM .. MONEY to buy with your favorite characters monikers! All you have to do to join the Adventure Time ConQuest, is check out the 11 participating partner booths and locations listed below on my blog OR go the SDCC (you have a pass don’t you???) and brave the gynormous cavern and find the Cartoon Network booth (#3735) and look for signage to begin their journey. I think it’s easier just to take along my blog buy you do you …
As you fight the throngs of cosplayers, geeks, buyers, sellers, booths and well the mob of zombies (hey it’s SDCC their are ALWAYS mobs of zombies) looking around for the incentives, premiums and rebates of the Adventure Time products that are all over the room!
See below for a alphabetical list of participating partners in this year’s ConQuest:
- Abrams (Booth #1216) will have copies of its New York Times Best-Selling book Adventure Time Encyclopaedia, as well as its recently-released Adventure Time: A Totally Math Poster Collection with 25 copies signed by illustrator Tony Millionaire, plus calendars. Fans can also catch a sneak peek of the upcoming Adventure Time: Art of Ooo, available this October. ConQuesters will receive an additional 20% discount on the poster book, and anyone who purchases any Adventure Time merchandise will receive a free 2015 Adventure Time mini-calendar, while supplies last.
- BOOM! Studios/KaBOOM! (Booth #2229) will feature the latest issues of its top-selling Adventure Time comic book series and related mini-series, highlighted by the San Diego Comic-Con exclusive cover of the mathematical collection of “Marceline and the Scream Queens” and the recently-launched “Adventure Time: Banana Guard Academy” written by Adventure Time writer Kent Osborne.
- Entertainment Earth (Booth #2343) will highlight its BMO Tin Tote Gift Set Convention Exclusive that includes a colorful metal tin tote, 10-ounce insulated stainless steel container and mini journal inside the tote that will take you away to the Land of Ooo.
- Huckleberry (Booth #3449) will showcase and sell its adorable BMO Chara-Cover phone case at its booth, with ConQuest participants receiving 10% off the purchase of the case.
- Jazwares (Toynk Booth #3551) will feature its Adventure Time toy line and highlight the 12” BMO plush Convention Exclusive at the Toynk booth.
- Little Orbit (The New Children’s Museum) will offer fans a chance to play its upcoming Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom video game for the very first time before its release this fall on Sony Playstation 3, Microsoft X360, Nintendo 3DS, and PC Steam. Additionally, The New Children’s Museum location will be the terminal stop on the ConQuest and fans who finish the quest will redeem their OMG medallion there. Just look for the giant inflatable Finn head!
- Mimoco (Booth #5245) will feature its full line of popular Adventure Time x MIMOBOT USB flash drives, including Finn, Jake, and new BMO. ConQuesters can get 10% off their Adventure Time MIMOBOT purchase instantly!
- Penguin Group (Booth #4612) will showcase its line of MAD LIBS®, activity books, journals and much more based on Adventure Time, and will be giving away free buttons exclusively to ConQuest participants! Plus, anyone who purchases any three MAD LIBS® products will get a free Adventure Time/MAD LIBS® tote bag!
- Rubie’s Costume Company (Booth #3649), maker of Adventure Time costumes and select accessories, will feature its one-size-fits-all Finn hat at its booth, and ConQuest participants can pick it up for a cool 40% off the purchase price.
- USAopoly (Booth #1017), maker of the hit MONOPOLY®: Adventure Time™ Collector’s Edition and Memory Challenge: Adventure Time Edition, will preview its all-new Munchkin® Adventure Time, which will launch this August, and ConQuest participants can pick up a free Munchkin® Adventure Time game card at the booth!
- WeLoveFine (Booth #5647) will offer up a wide assortment of its fan-favorite Adventure Time apparel, including t-shirts, sweatshirts, dresses and leggings. ConQuest participants get a deal at $25 for one or $40 for two shirts.
Now for the not fun part … All Adventure Time Fans should join the quest and claim their reward which is available for a limited time while supplies last each day. AND if you’re hardcore ConQuesters who earned Jake & Ice King Medallions in 2012/2013 bring them with you to the New Children’s Museum redemption center to earn a triple threat reward <unacceptable> (that I didn’t get medallions!!) am so jealous am turning green!
P.S. don’t forget to try to attend the Friday, July 25th CN Adventure Time Panel in the Indigo Ballroom at the Hilton Bayfront featuring the cast panel with Jeremy Shada (Finn), John DiMaggio (Jake), Tom Kenny (Ice King), Kent Osborne(Head of Story), Adam Muto (Co-Executive Producer) and MORE!!! Make sure you head to the convention floor CN Booth for exclusive giveaways and more!
Will you be meeting me at SDCC and getting your Adventure Time Conquest on??? Did you get any of the medallions from previous years? Let me know and make sure to say ‘hi’ …
Posted in San Diego Comic Con Tagged with: Adam Muto, Cartoon Network, Childrens Museum, Co-Executive Producer, Comic-Con, ConQuesters, Finn, Geek, head of story, Ice King, Jake, Jeremy Shada, John DiMaggio, Kent Osborne, LSP, Lumpy Space Princess, Princess, San Diego Comic Con, Scavenger Hunt, SDCC, Tom Kenny