The meat hits the pavement when 20,000 ghouls pack downtown Long Beach. The goal: to beat the Guinness World Records’ reigning zombie gathering (4,093 folks) and to ensure no other town comes close to taking the laurels from Long Beach. Johnny Vatos Boingo Dance Party, a band featuring some former Oingo Boingos, will serenade the grateful dead.
The undead return to Long Beach for the 4th time, this time taking over downtown Long Beach for a full day-long street fest and WORLD RECORD attempt!
The world record stands at 4,800 in Seattle, WA – Long Beach, we can do better! Come all day for fun and music, but be sure to join us on Broadway & Pine at 8pm sharp to march, stagger, and lurch down Pine!!
JOHNNY VATOS’ BOINGO DANCE PARTY – Oingo Boingo drummer Johnny Vatos has… assembled original band members to take the Press Telegram stage at 9pm to celebrate our world record attempt with two sets of Oingo Boingo favorites!http://www.johnnyvatos.com/
THRILL THE WORLD LOS ANGELES – Thrill the World L.A. will be attempting a world record of their own – LARGEST CHOREOGRAPHED “THRILLER” MASS DANCE! Dancers, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for info! http://www.thrilltheworldlosangeles.com/
* HAUNTED HOUSE hosted by Shannon’s on Pine!
* ZOMBIE ART SHOW, curated by Jason Liwag and Garry Booth (Phone Booth Gallery), hosted by Long Beach Pedaler’s Society, and with wine by Art du Vin Wine Bar!http://www.facebook.com/ZombieArtShow
* BEER TENTS (21+, natch!)
* MAKE-UP STATIONS – professional artists located throughout the walk zone, curated by Brian Stock Makeup Effects!
* VENDORS AND ARTISTS lined up along Pine Ave. and displaying their horror/zombie/cult cinema wares! (Interested in participating? E-mail ZombieWalkLB@gmail.com!)
* LOCAL BANDS throughout the day!
We’re still lining this up and making it our biggest ZOMBIE ART SHOWyet!! Keep posted athttp://www.facebook.com/ZombieWalkLB.
$8 pre-sale tickets and Long Beach Comic-Con packages available soon! $10 at Gate. Proceeds to benefit the Long Beach Cinematheque, as well as Friends of Long Beach Animals (http://www.friendsoflongbeachanimals.org/), and Special Olympics Southern California (http://www.sosc.org/). Free for ages 13 and under.