Torn between so many posters from beloved films <hmm> The Empire Strikes Back, Aliens, The Black Hole, Wargames, Get Carter, Return of the Jedi which one to bid on!?!
“The Feref Archive Collection is an extensive selection of images from one of Great Britain’s leading media advertising agencies, in the form of exclusive Signed Proof Prints, Colour Transparencies, Negatives and Production Photographs, some familiar; “Flash Gordon” and “Big Trouble in Little China” and some only being seen for the first time by the public; “Get Carter”, “Top Gun”, “The Empire Strikes Back” and “Return of the Jedi” amongst many. They provide an incredible in depth look at the behind-the-scenes workings and machinations that is involved in bringing a film poster to life and provide a unique opportunity to own a piece of cinematic history.”Mark Hochman, Prop Store’s Poster Consultant
If you are hoping to add a piece or two to your collection then you have to check out the latest Prop Store Auction (UK) that takes place on Thursday 22nd April 2021. It will be live-streamed so fans can bid and track the auction. If you want to see the items in person and are in the UK appointments can be made to view at the Prop Stores facility in Hertfordshire, UK, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
PREVIOUSLY UNSEEN POSTER ARTWORK
· The auction features over 490 lots, including a collection of over 200 posters and artwork from the archive of award-winning creative agency, Feref, including original transparencies, negatives, and one-of-a-kind prints
· Many lots include one-of-a-kind Feref Proof Prints to showcase these unique pieces, including Walter Hill’s The Knight – an unmade movie that features stunning fantasy artwork, plus many more from an incredible line-up of movie poster talent
· The collection includes over 30 Star Wars lots which highlight some previously unseen designs by artists Eddie Paul and Josh Kirby
· Two lots from the Michael Caine classic Get Carter (1971) feature artwork by Arnaldo Putzu that until very recently was not known to the public
· The auction is taking place on Thursday 22nd April 2021 – bids can be placed online and by telephone from anywhere in the world
About Prop Store
Operating since 1998, Prop Store sells original movie props and costumes, posters, and related memorabilia, regularly hosting live and online prop, costume, and cinema poster auctions.
Since their first Cinema Poster Live Auction in June 2018, Prop Store have become a well-established vendor in the world of poster collecting and have achieved some remarkable results, including selling Short Circuit original poster artwork and a James Bond: Dr. No UK Quad poster for £12,000 each. In late 2019, Prop Store hosted the largest ever auction of James Bond posters and have offered items from the personal collections of Star Wars film producer Howard Kazanjian, visual effects supervisor Richard Edlund and Mondo artist Jock. Now partnering with veteran poster expert Mark Hochman, they are striving to continue collating an assortment of original and rare poster related content to bring to the auction market.
What do you want to bid on and bring home??? Leave a comment or image of what you are bidding on! Good luck