Los Angeles Food & Wine, presented by Coastal Luxury Management and founding partners FOOD & WINE and Lexus, announce the www.LAFW.com is open to purchase tickets to attend the three-night, four-day, not-to-miss culinary extravaganza that takes over the city of Los Angeles.
Foodies will be exploring Los Angeles from the DTLA along Grand Avenue to Santa Monica fun in the sun and sand on the toes at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel and Bungalows to Barker Hanger (Santa Monica Airport) for tastes that criss-cross the globe.
Los Angeles’ world class level culinary scene inspires the most accomplished chefs with food philosophies that will titillate the tastebuds! This is the sixth year of the Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival where attendees will experience fine dining in a series of Power Lunches and evening events that will impress the most adventurous eater.
With unparalleled tastings, lunches, seminars, book signings, and cooking demonstrations, event highlights from this year’s festival will include:
- Amazon Presents Eat the World with Emeril Lagasse, Thursday, August 25 – The evening hosted by Emeril Lagasse will feature a walk-around tasting with culinary creations from all over the map along with beer, wine and cocktails. The inspiration for the global take on the evening comes from the premiere of the upcoming Amazon original series, Eat the World.
- Lexus at Grand Avenue, Thursday, August 25-Saturday, August 27 – Sweet Lucie’s ice cream truck and handcart will feature an ice cream scoop station, and guests can create their own ice cream sandwiches. Grand Avenue attendees can also enjoy dessert drinks such as Brandy Alexanders and adult root beer floats.
- Grand Avenue Night Market hosted by Jet Tila and Brian Malarkey,Friday, August 26 – The evening will spotlight the street foods from the markets, carts, street stalls, and mom-and-pop joints that span the alleyways, city streets, and corners of every vibrant country from Taipei to Kuala Lumpur including Chefs Elizabeth Falkner, Jeffrey Lunak (Sumo Dog), Tin Vuong (Little Sister), Andrew Gruel (Slapfish), and Kevin Nashan (Sidney Street Café) to name a few.
- LIVE on Grand Avenue with Tyler Florence, Saturday, August 27 – The city will ignite with electrifying live musical performances, DJ sets, and exciting cuisine from chefs including Timothy Hollingsworth (Otium), Jason Dady (Jason Dady Restaurant Group), and Stephen Kalt (Spartina).
- Lexus Grand Tasting, Saturday, August 27 and Sunday, August 28 – Gourmands and food-obsessed will be invited to spend a leisurely afternoon at Santa Monica’s Barker Hangar, with activations such as NFL Homegating’s “slider central” featuring toppings representing each of the 32 NFL teams. At the Lexus Grand Tasting, James Beard Award Winners Stephanie Izard and Laura Werlin will share their knowledge for cheese with attendees at the Lexus Cheese Shoppe, which will be similar to a high-end fromagerie during which attendees can sample a variety of North American cheeses.
On sale now, tickets for individual events range from $105-300, with additional package and VIP options. Please continue to visit LAFW.com for updates and details on full programming of events, chefs, wineries, sommeliers, and mixologists participating at the 6th Annual Los Angeles Food & Wine festival.
WHEN: Thursday, August 25 through Sunday, August 28, 2016
WHERE: Headquartered in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles, with main events taking place directly in front of the iconic Walt Disney Concert Hall and The Broad museum (with closures along Grand Avenue, between 1st and 3rd street),the 6th annual Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival will feature tastings, dinners, lunches, seminars, cooking demonstrations, and special events located across parts of greater Los Angeles, including Downtown, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Hollywood, and more.