by Aiyonna White, Contributor
Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con kicked off October 27 from 1pm-6pm. Didn’t make it? Here are some of the talented guests you may have missed:
- Stan Lee was in attendance, and attendees were able to bring in or purchase items to be signed by the man himself.
- Popular cosplayer Yaya Han, who you might know from her guest spots on TBS’s King of the Nerds or the Syfy series Heroes of Cosplay.
- Comic book artist Jae Lee, who won an Eisner Award for his art in Marvel’s The Inhumans. You might recognize his haunting art from Vol #1 of the The New 52 Batman/Superman run by Greg Pak. He was also one of my favorite artists in my all time favorite recent Superman comic, Superman: American Alien.
If you love anything slightly nerdy you love Gary Montalbano, who has his own booth at the convention. He has worked on several fan-favorite brands, including Batman:The Animated Series, Young Justice, Tom & Jerry, Mortal Combat, and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, to name a few.
- Inker Koi Turnbull is responsible for some seriously beautiful DC and Marvel panels.
- Shannon Eric Denton is the genius behind the storyboarding and directing of the animated m
ovie Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius along with the 2001’s animated Justice League television show and many more of your favorite children’s cartoons.
- Mike Mayhew gained popularity with his cover art for Marvel’s Mystique and Elektra comics in the 1990’s, and more recently is the main cover artist for Star Wars and comics.
- Not a person, but The Magic: The Gathering Sealed Event with exclusive Amnokhet Pre-Release Boxes and gameplay. First to sixth place won free packs of the not yet releases Amonkhet.
And that’s not even a fraction of all the talented artist and fun events happening at this year’s LACC. Keep up with the events by following the official twitter page for the con, and my twitter, because I will be live tweeting every event I go to Saturday and Sunday. Check back in tomorrow for more updates of what you may have missed!