MARVEL TELEVISION LIVE AUCTION featuring original costumes, props and set decoration from Marvel’s Daredevil, Marvel’s Luke Cage and Marvel’s Iron Fist with the Prop Store
I spoke with Chuck Costas, VP of Business Development & Operations at the 2019 San Diego Comic Con about how the Prop Store started, upcoming auctions and working with the studios to get one of a kind items.
This auction will have over 850 lots for the first of its kind two-day live auction on August 12 & 13, 2019 at Prop Store’s auction facility in Los Angeles County, CA. Fans who aren’t able to come to the LA auction house can also participate with the live bidding via telephone or online at www.propstore.com/marvel.
“We are very proud to have created these great Marvel shows for the fans and this is a unique opportunity, in association with Prop Store, for fans to become a caretaker of these ‘pieces of art’ used in their production. We hope that many fans and collectors are able to bring home an authentic piece of the Marvel Universe that excites and inspires them for years to come.”Mike Pasciullo, SVP, Marvel Marketing and Communications
The auction begins at 10:00 am PST on Monday, August 12. Lots can now be viewed online and bidders can register to participate at: www.propstore.com/marvel
Highlights of the upcoming auction that fans and collectors can bid on with estimated sale prices include:
- Matt Murdock’s Red First Iteration Daredevil Costume from Marvel’s Daredevil Est. $30,000 – 50,000
- Elektra Natchios’ Battle Costume from Marvel’s Daredevil Est. $10,000 – 12,000
- Misty Knight’s Cybernetic Arm from Marvel’s Luke Cage Est. $10,000 – 12,000
- Willis ‘Diamondback’ Stryker’s Light-Up Battle Costume from Marvel’s Luke Cage Est. $6,000 – 8,000
- Wilson Fisk’s Cufflinks from Marvel’s Daredevil Est. $1,500 – 2,500
- Colleen Wing’s Stunt Katana and Sheath from Marvel’s Iron Fist Est. $1,500 – 2,500
“Prop Store is thrilled to be able to offer fans some of the most iconic props, costumes and set dec from these classic Marvel television shows. With over 850 lots in this auction, we believe there’s something for everyone at all price points. You don’t have to be a millionaire to walk away with a very cool piece of Marvel history.”Chuck Costas, VP of Business Development & Operations
The auction is suitable for fans with a variety of budgets, with many interesting pieces of memorabilia estimated under $500 including:
- ‘Daredevil Collars Fisk’ New York Bulletin Newspaper Cover from Marvel’s Daredevil Est. $300 – 500
- Mary Walker’s Flower Drawing from Marvel’s Iron Fist Est. $300 – 500
- John ‘Bushmaster’ McIver’s Weighted Harlem’s Paradise Matchbook from Marvel’s Luke Cage Est. $200 – 300
- Frank Castle’s Medical ID Bracelet from Marvel’s Daredevil Est. $200 – 300
- D.W. Griffith’s Set of Three ‘Luke Cage Clobbers Diamondback’ DVD Cases from Marvel’s Luke Cage Est. $100 – 150
About Prop Store
Prop Store sells original movie and television props, costumes and related memorabilia, regularly hosting live and online prop and costume auctions. Over 7,500 items are also available for sale at fixed price on www.propstore.com.
Operating since 1998, Prop Store founder Stephen Lane’s love for movies led him to begin hunting for the same props and costumes that were used to create his favorite films. He found that he could not only provide collectors with access to their most coveted pieces, but also establish archival standards for a new, pop-culture hybrid of fine art and memorabilia collecting – prop art. Prop Store handles prop disposal, sale, archive and auction services to production companies and distributors as well as fixed price item sale on its website.
About Marvel Entertainment
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over eighty years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing, publishing, games, and digital media.
For more information, visit marvel.com. ©2019 MARVEL